Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #1
ChaoticCosmos
ChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheese

Device: PW2
5.6.1 Update and JB

So I'm sure there has been a ton of posts in here about this but I havnt seen one with this specific issue.

I had installed the jailbreak last april and everything was fine until about may, when an OTA required that I re-install the K5 MKK ( I was getting the MobileRead Kindlet Kit Not Installed Message) and all was well again.

Now my device just updated to 5.6.1 and I can't re install the MKK since it gets destroyed on sight by the new kindle updater.

In summary I have a PW2, with the JB version from April, and re-installed MKK from may. Now on FW 5.6.1. When I try to launch KUAL I get the MKK not installed message, or after loading the KUAL 2.5 I get a generic cannot be run contact amazon support message.

What can I do in my position without opening the kindle. The JB isn't a huge loss to me, but I feel that since I can open KUAL and get the MKK message that maybe something can be done ?

Thanks!
ChaoticCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
You can use the device for all the purposes that Amazon provides and for none of ours.

Try reading some of the other posts about 5.6.1

Short ans: Your screwed.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2014, 01:24 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Actually, NiLuJe did say he has a solution, which he will put together when he has a chance. Read: after the holiday season.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 02:20 AM   #4
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticCosmos View Post
So I'm sure there has been a ton of posts in here about this but I havnt seen one with this specific issue.
knc1 and eschwartz already answered to your question perfectly, not more on the point I could add.
But I'd like to add my two cents just to comment that posts commenting this specific issue there are tons.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #5
ChaoticCosmos
ChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheeseChaoticCosmos can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Actually, NiLuJe did say he has a solution, which he will put together when he has a chance. Read: after the holiday season.
Awesome, I look forward to it, thanks for the heads up. Is there any info on the method available yet, or is it just in the works?
Advert
Old 12-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticCosmos View Post
Awesome, I look forward to it, thanks for the heads up. Is there any info on the method available yet, or is it just in the works?
No idea.

The people who field-tested 5.6.1 hit the jailbreak incompatibility first. NiLuJe got them over that speedbump and 5.6.1 was successfully conquered through a JB update, but I wasn't privy to the discussion.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #7
ChaoticCosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
No idea.

The people who field-tested 5.6.1 hit the jailbreak incompatibility first. NiLuJe got them over that speedbump and 5.6.1 was successfully conquered through a JB update, but I wasn't privy to the discussion.
Well as long as someone has seen it working I'm satisfied