Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
wolfdingo
wolfdingo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 5
K5T cannot update/reset/nothing to do

Hello, everybody.

I checked for the same kindle behavior but haven`t found on forum.

I had been asked to fix K5T issues with books opening in CoolReader.
It opens just books that are already on the flashdrive and does not open any other, moreover it deletes them from the drive after reboot.

I decided to clean up the memore and update firmware.

In fact I cannot do anything with device.

1. Current firmeare is 5.1.2. Cannot update to 5.3.2 -> Black screen, in a minute message appears in the bottom: issue detected - recovering. And device reboots with nothing changed.

2. Kubrik. After flashing fastboot, when manual operations should be performed, kindle just reboots.

3. Cannot delete any files from the flashdrive. I delete them, but they appear again after reboot.

4. After Factory Reset nothing happens.

5. Nothing happens when unistall JB or MKK.

Does anybody knows the reasons of such behavior?
Thanks in advance.
wolfdingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:23 AM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
It sounds like you installed non-Amazon software on it, then tried to update. It has always been my understanding that you need to uninstall the non-Amazon stuff before doing an update. It sounds like you have bricked it. There's a reason that doing stuff like that voids the warranty.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2014, 02:56 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the dev forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:40 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdingo View Post
Hello, everybody.

I checked for the same kindle behavior but haven`t found on forum.

I had been asked to fix K5T issues with books opening in CoolReader.
It opens just books that are already on the flashdrive and does not open any other, moreover it deletes them from the drive after reboot.

I decided to clean up the memore and update firmware.

In fact I cannot do anything with device.

1. Current firmeare is 5.1.2. Cannot update to 5.3.2 -> Black screen, in a minute message appears in the bottom: issue detected - recovering. And device reboots with nothing changed.

2. Kubrik. After flashing fastboot, when manual operations should be performed, kindle just reboots.

3. Cannot delete any files from the flashdrive. I delete them, but they appear again after reboot.

4. After Factory Reset nothing happens.

5. Nothing happens when unistall JB or MKK.

Does anybody knows the reasons of such behavior?
Thanks in advance.
Damaged flash (eMMC) flash chip, replace it.
OR
Sell what you have as non-working, spare parts.

See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...49&postcount=3
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote