Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #16
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I am using a Nexus 7 and a Nexus S smartphone, so you'll be good on your N7. You can't get to Reading Life from the app, but what you read syncs and thus seems to "count". It's a workaround, not a solution.

I am not sure what other mobile browser it works in, but it might be worth experimenting. Using chrome, you don't have all of the features as the app on the desktop, in terms of fonts and text layout.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #17
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
No response from support regarding my last email. I successfully returned the device to the store I bought it from today. Kind of sad in some regards. I honestly considered buying the touch given the good price it is at the moment, but part of me thinks that the 2.1.1 firmware will be the last firmware for the touch, and all development/support will go into the glo/mini.

The Glo does look nice....might wait for reviews/pricing. Only a few weeks to go I believe.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #18
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
I have given up on Kobo for the moment until this is fixed (and also because of their shocking prices now)

I have just bought a couple of books from Amazon, so hopefully it's fixed by the time I have finished these
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
No response from support regarding my last email. I successfully returned the device to the store I bought it from today. Kind of sad in some regards. I honestly considered buying the touch given the good price it is at the moment, but part of me thinks that the 2.1.1 firmware will be the last firmware for the touch, and all development/support will go into the glo/mini.

The Glo does look nice....might wait for reviews/pricing. Only a few weeks to go I believe.
The Touch, Glo and Mini all share the same firmware. So the firmware for the Touch will continue to be updated.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #20
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
The Touch, Glo and Mini all share the same firmware. So the firmware for the Touch will continue to be updated.
Really? Did Kobo announce that? So the Touch will get the ability to change the boldness of the font as shown on the Glo/Mini?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #21
Slartibartfaust
Enthusiast
Slartibartfaust began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Really? Did Kobo announce that? So the Touch will get the ability to change the boldness of the font as shown on the Glo/Mini?
It already does this
hit advanced in font options
Slartibartfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #22
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
It looks like the syncing with Android devices is fixed, Kobo have just released an update

I only did a quick test as i am not reading a kobo book at the moment and it looked like the page reading is now syncing fine

Edit: after testing syncing both ways all seems perfect, now to go spend some money in Kobo store, I am now happy again

Last edited by paulsalter; 09-18-2012 at 03:19 PM.
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote