Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
4.1.0 - turn WiFi on to sync last page read

When I finish reading, to upload the last page read I used to:

Press the Menu button, turn WiFi on, press Home to exit the book, wait a few seconds, turn WiFi off.

Since the 4.1.0 update, turn WiFi on/off is now on the main Settings page and is called Turn Aeroplane Mode on/off. Since it's not accessible from the popup menu, only the main Settings page, I have to:

Press Home to exit the book, press Menu, go Settings, turn Aeroplane Mode off, go BACK INTO the book, press Home to exit the book, wait a few seconds, turn Aeroplane Mode on.

Have I got that right? Seems a helluva roundabout way to sync last page read...
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
When I finish reading, to upload the last page read I used to:

Press the Menu button, turn WiFi on, press Home to exit the book, wait a few seconds, turn WiFi off.

Since the 4.1.0 update, turn WiFi on/off is now on the main Settings page and is called Turn Aeroplane Mode on/off. Since it's not accessible from the popup menu, only the main Settings page, I have to:

Press Home to exit the book, press Menu, go Settings, turn Aeroplane Mode off, go BACK INTO the book, press Home to exit the book, wait a few seconds, turn Aeroplane Mode on.

Have I got that right? Seems a helluva roundabout way to sync last page read...
Once you're done reading just hit home/menu/sync and that will turn airplane mode off and sync your pages then once done hit menu/settings/Airplane mode on.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2012, 02:09 AM   #3
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So that syncs ALL last pages read from all books, you don't need to go back into the book?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:04 AM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
So that syncs ALL last pages read from all books, you don't need to go back into the book?
Correct. No need to go back.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
Gondolkodo
Gondolkodo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd gen)
How is this "whispersync" works?
I mean: I have a Kindle 4 and I read books on my laptop, with Kindle for PC. I have azw books (I converted them into azw), means basically the whispersync must work. With the 4.0.1 it did, I had books I could sync, but since I updated to 4.1.0 it's impossible.
On my notebook I have opened the book from my attached kindle, so that is the same I read on my ebook-reader.
Gondolkodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
terminalveracity
terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.terminalveracity got an A in P-Chem.

Syncing depends on the metadata not the format. I've had difficulty, especially with some converted books, when this metadata is missing.

Also, books loaded into Kindle for PC will not sync (by design). Instead, load the book into your Kindle first, then use Kindle for PC to download them.

More info on sync
terminalveracity is offline   Reply With Quote