Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-17-2022, 01:35 PM   #376
jb_noob
jb_noob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by maikipopo View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to use this wonderful program on a paperwhite 4, but the videos are played in a reduced frame in the top right-hand corner. This should be due to the higher resolution (1072×1448 vs 600x800). I tried to recompile (from linux) the file gmplay-1.5a with the right parameters but I get this error: 'mnt/us/extensions/videos/gmplay: line 1: syntax error: unterminated quoted string'.

Can anyone help me out or have a compiled version for paperwhite 4?

Thank you all in advance!
Long time ago, but I just stumbled across the same issue trying to adapt the video player for the current kindle. Since I found a solution, I want to share it if someone else gets the same error:
You have to use a cross compiler, otherwise the kindle cannot read the format (even if it is an C application). After some searching I found a version of the tcc for the kindle, so you can compile the code right on the kindle (obviously takes longer than on a computer but works for me).
jb_noob is offline   Reply With Quote