Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
barnetman
barnetman began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Calibre auto-syncing with Sony PRS-505

Hi

Very happy with Calibre software. Just one query.

I've got 'Automatic management' set in the 'Sending books to devices'.

I download various books into Calibre during the day and then plug in my Sony ereader. No new titles are automatically sent to the ereader.

Any ideas ? When the device is plugged in, the following jobs are run:

Send metadata to device
Get list of books on device
Get device information

Thanks in advance.
barnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnetman View Post
Hi

Very happy with Calibre software. Just one query.

I've got 'Automatic management' set in the 'Sending books to devices'.

I download various books into Calibre during the day and then plug in my Sony ereader. No new titles are automatically sent to the ereader.

Any ideas ? When the device is plugged in, the following jobs are run:

Send metadata to device
Get list of books on device
Get device information

Thanks in advance.
It finished finding out about your device (and books on same).

Now it is your job to tell Calibre which of the many thousand titles that may be on your PC, that you want to ADD or Delete from your device.
The only 'bookish' thing that gets sent to your device automatically is Scheduled News.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 02:37 AM   #3
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnetman View Post
Hi barnetman and welcome to Mobile Read.

I use a Sony reader too and can confirm that there is no automatic sync of the books in the calibre library with the reader. The automatic management refers only to the sync of metadata and collection data between your reader and calibre. This is useful for easy management of your Sony reader's collections.

You can, however, select multiple books in your calibre library and then "Send to Device", and you can easily see which books are not yet on your reader because they won't have a tick next to them in the library view. Sort them by the tick column, (by clicking on its header field), then you can quickly select those that still need to be sent.

Last edited by Agama; 01-20-2012 at 02:40 AM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I use the Reading List plugin in conjunction with my Sony. This allows me to add books to a list as I add them to Calibre, and then sync the books on the list with a single click.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:01 AM   #5
barnetman
barnetman began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Thanks for your responses. I was worried I was missing something obvious. No real problems clicking 'send to device' manually for the books I've recently downloaded.
barnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert