Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #106
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I second The Outsider by Albert Camus...
Stephen_Melling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #107
Patricia81
Patricia81 began at the beginning.

Device: none
My favorite one is "Crime and punishment" by Dostoievsky. I love Russian writers and most of all I like Dostoievsky's characters which always seem so real. That's what i love about his books, the psychological descriptions and analyzes.
Patricia81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 05:45 PM   #108
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
The Count of Monte Christo by Dumas is a fun read of revenge, not too deep but redeeming qualities. In the Top 10 on my list of classics.
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #109
Pax
Zealot
Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I have never read any Verne but was never really interested in 20,000 Leagues.

However, this book looks very interesting, as I mentioned earlier in the thread that one of my favourite classics is "Robinson Crusoe". I love good "stranded on an island" type stories.
Oh, I also enjoy the "stranded theme". I think, you will like The Survivors of the "Jonathan".

If you have good recommendations about the "stranded themes", please leave me a message (PM).
Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #110
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Treasure Island

I just downloaded Treasure Island for Kindle so I could have the experience of reading a childhood paper favorite on a new platform and at a greatly advanced age. Plus my daughter is related to Stevenson..
Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #111
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
If I had to pick just one, David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:12 PM   #112
Princess kindle
Enthusiast
Princess kindle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 8th
I love, mio cid, and twenty thousand leagues under the sea,
Princess kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:47 AM   #113
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I really need to read Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. It's shameful that I haven't yet!
Old 09-06-2019, 09:55 AM   #114
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Bram Stoker's Dracula. I'm reading it right now and I'm absolutely obsessed. I might read Frankenstein after this.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:04 AM   #115
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Treasure Island and Pride and Prejudice and Murder on the Orient Express. Sorry, couldn't have a single favorite.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #116
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Chiming in with Trollope's The Way We Live Now and Balzac's Cousin Bette.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:24 AM   #117
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
Bram Stoker's Dracula. I'm reading it right now and I'm absolutely obsessed. I might read Frankenstein after this.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk
I enjoyed both of those very much!