Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-28-2024, 12:29 PM   #16
samg1650
samg1650 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
File type?

Hi, I am trying to get the "TESTD_PREVENT_SCREENSAVER" solution to work on my Kindle Scribe, but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there a specific file type it has to be? Or has it been disabled with new updates? Thank you.
samg1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 04:53 PM   #17
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I do not think it ever worked on Scribe. But it has been awhile since I tried it on any Kindle, I just assume it doesn't work on any of the newer firmware versions.

This is the only thread I could find here (note I am not very good at finding threads):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99229

That is how I did it before, but it is ages old, so probably does not work.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 07:41 PM   #18
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
I didn't even know there's a way to turn off sleep, now it's gone. Sometime ignorance really is a bliss.
Why is there are no sleep options on Kindles has puzzled me forever. On Pocketbook I can go and turn it off, or set it from 10 to 60 minutes in four stages. It comes useful when doing things while reading. Besides, power drain is so negligible that I have it always set to 30 min.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disable sleep, sleep disable