Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Annual Writing Status

Annual Writing Status
I know there's still a week left, maybe a few more things, but completed work as of today:

33 - Flash (and micro) Fictions (last year - 49)
3 - Short Stories (last year - 2)
20 - Poems (last year - 0)
10 - Prose Poems (last year - 34)
1 - Flash NonFiction (last year - 4)

Published - Prosthetic Amalgams II

Happy Holidays All!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:10 AM   #2
AndrewMowere
Connoisseur
AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Oh, well done, Kenny. That's a lot.
AndrewMowere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:43 AM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Andrew!
Old 12-23-2016, 07:46 PM   #4
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I don't want to play this game.

That's right, it's not been a good year for my writing. I fiddled around the edges of a few things but that is all. Running your own software development company means you take the work when it's offered, even when there are things you would rather be doing. So that side as been good, just frustrating to have had no free time/head-space for writing.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:48 PM   #5
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I don't want to play this game.

That's right, it's not been a good year for my writing. I fiddled around the edges of a few things but that is all. Running your own software development company means you take the work when it's offered, even when there are things you would rather be doing. So that side as been good, just frustrating to have had no free time/head-space for writing.
Ya do what you can when you can.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:33 AM   #6
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Good stuff, Kenny.

Like Geoff I got sucked into IT work. I got offered a couple of weeks of project management work at the end of April, and it ballooned into every day since then. My writing stopped dead in May.

On the bright side, before May, I completed the first draft of a novel, four pieces of flash fiction and two short stories.

And two short stories and two pieces of flash fiction were published this year.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 06:27 AM   #7
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Good stuff, Kenny.

Like Geoff I got sucked into IT work. I got offered a couple of weeks of project management work at the end of April, and it ballooned into every day since then. My writing stopped dead in May.

On the bright side, before May, I completed the first draft of a novel, four pieces of flash fiction and two short stories.

And two short stories and two pieces of flash fiction were published this year.

Graham
Well Done.
Old 12-25-2016, 02:19 AM   #8
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Congrats, kennyc! I would envy that record in my best couple of years!

This year has been miserable. Several long term family related issues cropped up. Basically, my state of mind was better (much better) for reading than writing. In fact, one friend asked me if I'd decided to stop writing.

But I haven't stopped! While I wasn't really up to final edits on my "stories in progress," I had plenty of new ideas for plots, scenes and characters. I've been jotting them down.

And, I wrote a poem. The first poem I've written since ... well, a very long time. I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I wrote one!
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 07:09 AM   #9
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Congrats, kennyc! I would envy that record in my best couple of years!

This year has been miserable. Several long term family related issues cropped up. Basically, my state of mind was better (much better) for reading than writing. In fact, one friend asked me if I'd decided to stop writing.

But I haven't stopped! While I wasn't really up to final edits on my "stories in progress," I had plenty of new ideas for plots, scenes and characters. I've been jotting them down.

And, I wrote a poem. The first poem I've written since ... well, a very long time. I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I wrote one!
Excellent! Keep filling that journal and writing those poems!

I was drawn back to my poetry this year after an almost complete hiatus last.

Cycles, cycles, cycles.