Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #16
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
How interesting, that's the first time I've seen a publisher name code. Anyone seen Kobo do this before?

(I hope it's not going to be an overall practice - I like the multi use codes that can be used against lots of different books.)
Old 01-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #17
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Free on Kobo Aus - Timothy Everhart's

The Absinthe Cloud (Le Page /Dupuy #1)

Quote:
Set in 1900 the fast-paced first novel in the LePage/Dupuy series, the French Intelligence agents Robert LePage and Patrick Dupuy are drawn together to stop a group of anarchists intent on bombing Paris.

LePage, already a stoic and ruthlessly-efficient veteran agent, has little patience for Dupuy, who is merely a wealthy young man lacking direction and experience, but when a mysterious group is revealed to be behind the anarchist bombings, LePage and Dupuy must set aside their differences to thwart a greater threat than they originally realized they were facing.

Dupuy takes his first steps into the world of international espionage when he tries to save a young heiress with a troubled past - Veronique Deschamps - but he soon finds himself drawn into a shadowy organization guiding national affairs while assuming a cover identity as a member of the legitimate government.

While LePage battles rogue German agents and infiltrates a group of young anarchists, both he and Dupuy find themselves seeking the assistance of the Countess Estampe - a cryptic German aristocrat they are uncertain they can trust. When they uncover an international conspiracy, LePage and Dupuy are left to stop a deadly bombing at the Exposition Universelle that could claim countless lives by inciting full-scale war in Europe.
I've added this book because of the time period it's set in ... but I haven't read the author before.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-09-2014 at 08:06 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #18
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post

I've added this book because of the time period it's set in ... but I haven't read the author before.
Free on B&N too.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=2940044758377
Apache
Old 01-10-2014, 12:20 AM   #19
Acataloger
Retired library cataloger
Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: PRS-T2 ; Kindle Paperwhite Manga; Fire HD 10; Huawei Honor 8
99 cents at Amazon.com
Old 01-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #20
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Thanks, Lynx-lynx, it looks interesting. Also available at amazon.ca for CDN$1.02

http://www.amazon.ca/Absinthe-Cloud-.../dp/B008PZA8LS
Old 01-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #21
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Today's Nook Free Friday selection is Leave No Stone Unturned by Jeanne Glidewell.

Quote:
From Booklist

Kansas widow Lexie Starr is about to become a grandma, but when she discovers that her new son-in-law may have murdered his previous wife and unborn child, she fears for her daughter’s life. Undaunted by the tremendous challenges she faces, and armed only with her research skills, Lexie takes a leave from her job at the local public library and heads for Schenectady, New York, to discover what really happened in Clayton’s past. Debut author Glidewell excels in drawing on the best of the cozy mystery tradition. She endows her characters with quirky traits, vividly sets the scene, and creates multifaceted relationships for Lexie as the amateur sleuth makes friends and possibly a boyfriend. Glidewell also succeeds in maintaining a rapidly paced story line that dramatically builds tension, while her narrator Lexie’s sly, tongue-in-cheek sense of humor provides plenty of laugh-out-loud moments. --Lynne Welch
Old 01-11-2014, 11:59 PM   #22
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:

Self-pub smashwords edition

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/209234
Old 01-12-2014, 10:49 AM   #23
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
How interesting, that's the first time I've seen a publisher name code. Anyone seen Kobo do this before?

(I hope it's not going to be an overall practice - I like the multi use codes that can be used against lots of different books.)
There were a couple of BLOOMSBURY codes sometime back in 2012 (search the Kobo codes sticky thread if you want details) but that obviously didn't become the norm. I totally agree - I'd prefer not to see lots of publisher-specific codes. Unless, of course, they were BLOOMSBURY90 or RANDOMHOUSE85 or PENGUIN95....
Old 01-14-2014, 04:04 AM   #24
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Free Today on Amazon - Torn Apart by Peter Corris

Cliff Hardy may be semi-retired but he's as resolute as ever in fighting for justice and tracking down wrongdoers.
Hardy has never been much of a family man, so when he meets his second cousin Patrick Malloy it's like being hit with a left hook to the solar plexus - Malloy is his double. Cliff and his cousin become friends and travel to attend a gathering of the Irish Travellers - the gypsy-like folk from whom they are descended. On their return, a shotgun blast shatters their camaraderie. But who was the bullet aimed at, Malloy or Hardy? And why is Malloy's ex-wife, Sheila, now making her presence known to Hardy?
Hardy has his enemies and Malloy's to consider as he searches for a killer. Clues point in many directions - to Sheila's motives, to Malloy's suspect business dealings, to old scores being settled. The search takes Hardy north to a paramilitary training camp and to a meeting of Traveller descendants in Kangaroo Valley; everyone seems to have an interest and the playing style is ruthless.
Hardy is de-licensed and out of work . . . but this investigation is personal.

UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apart-Cliff-...89991&sr=1-343

US
http://www.amazon.com/Apart-Cliff-Ha...89991&sr=1-343

AUS
http://www.amazon.com.au/Apart-Cliff...89991&sr=1-343
Old 01-14-2014, 04:09 AM   #25
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free Today on Amazon - Shades of Death by Aline Templeton

Seventeen years after her death, the skeletal remains of an eleven-year-old girl are discovered buried deep in the caves of Derbyshire's Peak District.
Close to the body lies a crudely-carved clay model of a sinister jackal-headed creature.
What is the connection?
As DS Tom Ward takes charge of the police investigation, the secrets surrounding a group of now grown-up children and their sinister 'Egyptian game' are gradually revealed.
Secrets which have lain buried for almost twenty years.
Secrets which will now emerge with unexpected and devastating consequences.
When the body of a seemingly innocent and beautiful young widow is discovered, it seems the killer is still at large.
And the game is by no means over.
Tom Ward slowly peels away layers of deception that span two decades - but finds himself dangerously mixed up in a deadly plot.
Set in the rugged and forbidding landscape of the Peak District , ‘Shades of Death’ combines ritual murder, haunted underground caves and computer viruses to create a tense psychological thriller.

UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shades-Death...90433&sr=1-207

US
http://www.amazon.com/Shades-Death-A...90433&sr=1-207
Old 01-14-2014, 04:12 AM   #26
Mort1997
Wizard

Free Today on Amazon - Cool Blue Tomb by Paul Kemprecos

Life’s a Beach—Until Murder Rolls in With the Tide
A 50-million-dollar salvage operation. An expert diver dead at the bottom of the sea. An elegant mermaid in a black Porsche—and an open invitation to dip into the troubled waters of her marriage. Cape Cod’s Aristotle “Soc” Socarides, part-time fisherman, part-time private eye, is swimming with the sharks. Only problem is, he’s the bait…and blood is beginning to boil to the surface.
Soc didn’t think he could get in much deeper, but he’d better think again. A family debt of honor comes due—a debt only he can settle—plunging him into the middle of a lethal search for buried treasure. Now Soc’s about to discover how deadly the Cape’s currents can be. Snarled in a net of smuggling, treachery, and revenge, he’s finding out that no matter how far down you go, nothing’s harder to salvage than the truth.

UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cool-Blue-To...90584&sr=1-210

US
http://www.amazon.com/Cool-Blue-Tomb...90584&sr=1-210
Old 01-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #27
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Thanks, Mort!
(BTW, the Corris book is not free in the US--I think you just see it that way because you're looking at .com while logged into your UK account. I've done that before while on e-holiday.)
Old 01-15-2014, 04:20 AM   #28
Mort1997
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Thanks, Mort!
(BTW, the Corris book is not free in the US--I think you just see it that way because you're looking at .com while logged into your UK account. I've done that before while on e-holiday.)
Not sure what is going on but I logged out of my UK account and then checked the price and it still showed $0. Perhap in future I'll add a proviso that the US link is for others to look for themselves or something along those lines.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #29
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Thanks, Mort!

It's showing free for me now in the US.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #30
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Pricing information not available.
That is what I get. I guess I'm not loved!
S
Closed Thread