Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-15-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Aloha

Aloha,

This is my first post here, I'm signing in from Hawaii.

I've been an avid eBook reader for many years, first on Palm devices and for the last several years on Windows Mobile. I've used .lit, but since MS quit supporting it, I've gone to eReader and MobiPocket.

I have recently acquired a Sony 505, and love it. It doesn't, however fit in my shirt pocket, and I don't like carrying it just for those times when I'm out and have five or ten minutes to spare whilst waiting for Mrs. Wodin to complete her shopping.

Therein lies my frustration! I have been searching frantically for a way to read the same book on both my WinMo phone and my Sony 505, but the only way I can find to do it is to crack the DRM on a Mobi book, then convert it to lrf with calibre.

That's all very nice in theory, but I haven't found a reliable way to crack the DRM.

DRM is evil!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Aloha wodin, welcome to the forum.
I hope you are enjoying your sony even if you must go shopping with your wife. I know how painful that can be

PS: we don't give instructions how to remove DRM here.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome to MR, wodin. I use my Palm TX in my shirt pocket and read Mobipocket. That's why I finally got my EZ Reader from Astak. It reads Mobipocket too.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, yes I know that "we don't give instructions how to remove DRM here", thanks anyway.

I found it on some less reputable sites, and have been able to convert my bought and paid for property (Christopher Paolini's wonderful Inheritance trilogy) to a format that I can read on my Sony.

I don't think I'll be buying any more books from Sony because of their draconian policy of greed. I'll just buy everything from stores that sell Mobi, and convert them to LRF. And no, don't ask me to upload any copyrighted material.

Amazon isn't any better, but I don't have a Kindle so I won't worry about them.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, wodin, and welcome to MobileRead.

Do you find it comfortable to read on such a tiny screen?

Enjoy the forums, and keep asking questions.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi wodin and welcome to Da Kine Forum. I like to read on my 505 and my iPhone. And there are lots of free books around you can easily do that with
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:43 AM   #7
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Hello, wodin, and welcome to MobileRead.

Do you find it comfortable to read on such a tiny screen?

Enjoy the forums, and keep asking questions.....
I have a REDFLY which blows up the HTC Touch screen to eight inches and that's pretty comfortable, but for those times when I'm out and about and have a few minutes to kill ... well, there are bifocals!