Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-15-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
Chabotnick
Chabotnick began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Can't access Calibre server even with port forwarded

I'm trying to set-up Calibre server and it works from inside my network when I enter the IP of the machine it's running on. I'm using port 8082 and have that forwarded to the host machine, but can't reach the server with using my external IP address. I've verified using yougetsignal that the port is open and using netstat I can see that it's Calibre that's listening on port 8082. I have Plex and a couple of other custom ports forwarded through my router, so in theory it should work. Any thoughts on why I can't get through?
Chabotnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabotnick View Post
I'm trying to set-up Calibre server and it works from inside my network when I enter the IP of the machine it's running on. I'm using port 8082 and have that forwarded to the host machine, but can't reach the server with using my external IP address. I've verified using yougetsignal that the port is open and using netstat I can see that it's Calibre that's listening on port 8082. I have Plex and a couple of other custom ports forwarded through my router, so in theory it should work. Any thoughts on why I can't get through?
Can you get through on the LAN side?
No: is the PC firewall blocking?

Yes: Does the router provide other restrictions ( I had a time of day window enabled and my clock was off)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #3
Chabotnick
Chabotnick began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I confirmed that I can access from multiple machines inside the LAN using the IP of the host machine, but not the external IP or dynamic DNS host. I checked the router and there are settings for time based access, but none of them are enabled. I did discover that I can access the site using the external IP & dynamic DNS from outside the LAN, so I guess that's good news, but I'm not sure what's preventing me from using the same bookmark inside and outside. Weird.
Chabotnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabotnick View Post
I confirmed that I can access from multiple machines inside the LAN using the IP of the host machine, but not the external IP or dynamic DNS host. I checked the router and there are settings for time based access, but none of them are enabled. I did discover that I can access the site using the external IP & dynamic DNS from outside the LAN, so I guess that's good news, but I'm not sure what's preventing me from using the same bookmark inside and outside. Weird.
I have 2 bookmarks, 192 series are not routeable
Inside 192.168.0.2:8080
Outside: <not posting my IP here>:8081 <I also map ports

Not all ISP's allow a loopback Use the WAN IP from the same WAN connection

Other ISP's block standard webserver ports (see your TOS rules)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #5
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
When I set mine up, I think I had to put manual exclusions in the firewall.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #6
8140david
Connoisseur
8140david began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have a similar problem: I can't access the server from outside (the IP adress:8080).
I have configured the router (Freebox) according to instructions found here (http://tutocalibre.free.fr/tuto_serveur_permanent.php), changing the port to 8080.
But should I specify something in the firewall of my computer? If so, which rule exactly?
8140david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:33 PM   #7
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Not sure this is of any help. Mine set local port as 2600 (any port number than 8080); and forward port as 2802 (could be any number you like).
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote