Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
pabloikba
pabloikba began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Convert scr to epub or mobi or ???

Is there a way to convert an ebook in scr format?
Thanks
pabloikba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Not that I know off! I cannot remember any previous mention of an scr eBook format, and a quick google did not show up anything obvious.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
scr is (also) a Windows Screen Saver
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
pabloikba

Thanks - I've encountered it couple of times searching for books....maybe it's someone's idea of joke.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloikba View Post
Thanks - I've encountered it couple of times searching for books....maybe it's someone's idea of joke.
you mean like the SysInternalsBluescreen.scr from Microsoft (Sysinternals)
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
pabloikba

I really don't know what it is but I have a file purported to be an ebook called "Mindgames Phil Jackson's Long Strange Journey By Roland Lazenby.scr". It is 33.6mb and I have not a clue what to do with it besides deleting it.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloikba View Post
I really don't know what it is but I have a file purported to be an ebook called "Mindgames Phil Jackson's Long Strange Journey By Roland Lazenby.scr". It is 33.6mb and I have not a clue what to do with it besides deleting it.
use a HEX editor and look at the first chunk. It could be malware buried in a screensaver
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hex of a real SCR file.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	106739