Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #16
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
(doggie tapping foot (okay, paw))

WE WANT EPISODES!

WE WANT EPISODES!

WE WANT EPISODES!

WE WANT EPISODES!

WE WANT EPISODES!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #17
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!
psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.

Device: Guttenberg Bible
"Hugo?"

"Yeah, Lefty?"

"When are we going to get work?"

"When we get our big break."

"What's that?"

"When we find the perfect roles so that we become big stars."

"Oh. So what do we do in the meantime?"

"Work in the diner, read Variety, and bug the living Hell out of any agent we can get next to."

"Okay. I kind of like washing dishes. At least I keep clean."

"Yeah. I guess you can call it honest work. You aren't sorry we moved to Hollywood, are you?"

"No. It beats smuggling tee shirts, I guess."
psockpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:17 PM   #18
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!
psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.

"Hugo?"

"Yeah. Lefty?"

"I was just looking through Variety. There's something that looks interesting."

"It's not another Kid Show, is it? Bunch of heathens, the lot of them."

"No. Even I learned from that last job. This one says, 'Adventure and action film. Casting for inanimates for walk-ons.' Are we inanimates?"

"Only after three Zany Carters. Where is this gig?"

"Pshrynk Productions. It says to apply to pshrynk. No Agents."

"Sounds like my kind of place, Let's go!"
Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #19
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!

The Downtown bus pulled up in front of a run down Spanish Revival in Outer Hollywood. Two socks rolled out the back door and shuffled into the office that had a sign over it that said, "Pay the laddy at the door!" Under it was written in pencil: I really mean it this time, Adrian!

They rolled into the room, where a fat, graying man with really bad taste in clothes was talking on the phone.

"I know that there weren't any Grumman Gooses -- Geese -- whatever, in 1935! That's why I want you to cast a Howard Hughes! Do I have to do everything myself? Look, I gave you the day off from the door so that you could get the location permits! ... What do you mean that Havana isn't available? ... Stupid politicians! That was before I was born and they don't have it figured out yet? Look, you may be related to me, but if you don't get something ... Yeah, Peoria would work. I know a few people who are good with computers. We can subcontract to that French firm if I can sweet talk her into working for me again. ... How about the dog? I want a Jack Russell! ... The actor knows someone? Great! Hire him!"

The man looked down at the socks and said, "I don't have any meds that will work for you guys, so scram!"

Hugo pushed forward and held up the clipping from Variety. The fat man looked at it and said, "Well, I was hoping more for a handbag and some pretzels, but you'll do! You're hired!"

"Oh! and how do you feel about working with animals?"

In the corner, a squid and a small blue frog looked up from their game of backgammon.

Last edited by pshrynk; 09-25-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:24 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
sweet fuzzy squirrels on a cracker, hugo and lefty are in Hollywood ???? and embroiled with Pshrynk Productions ????? i'd been wondering what trouble they were getting into lately but even i wouldn't have dreamed they'd decide to "become big stars"... just so you know, i've got Red's number on speed dial, in case the need for an emergency extraction / rescue becomes apparent...

i suppose i can just count myself lucky at least they're not working with any heath- *ahem* sorry, "children".
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:02 AM   #21
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oooo, I wonder if the squid is going to get it this time?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:03 AM   #22
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Oooo, I wonder if the squid is going to get it this time?
i'm pretty sure he has a recurring contract, so that seems highly unlikely (thank goodness).
Old 06-16-2009, 07:07 AM   #23
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Ooooh - socky story goodness!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:53 PM   #24
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Vera Wayne put down her hand and looked at the other habitants of the table. Wheezy and Oily both looked startled. Good, they were thinking she'd had a busted straight. Slick was too busy trying to figure out what the cards meant to have any reaction. That probably meant that he had another two pairs and would be asking if it beat a full house. Handsome had folded right away. She was beginning to worry about that one.

She'd been introduced all around when she'd joined the table, but promptly forgot all the names. She supposed that some day she would have to learn how to remember such things. Right now, however, she was more interested in reeling in the suckers.

Slick put down a pair of threes and a pair of kings. "Does that beat yours?" he asked. Vera felt slightly sorry for him, but not enough to give him charity. A girl had to earn enough to live, after all.

"Sorry, kid. No go," she said.

"Now I'm flat broke!" He looked pathetic.

"I'll spot you, kid!" said Handsome. Alarm bells started ringing in Vera's head.

"Oh! Look a the time!" she said, standing up and shoving her earnings into her purse. "I've got to be up early to get off the boat in Cairo tomorrow morning! Good night, gentlemen!"

She stepped slowly away from the table, wary of her surroundings. Handsome gave her a barely perceptible nod and went back to dealing the next round. She'd skinned them for a little pain, but the real plucking was about to begin.

Vera wondered just how good Slick was. Probably really good. Handsome probably was going to let her get away with the small change she'd managed, just to seed the big grab he was about to make. Inwardly, she resolved to give him at least a third if he insisted.

She wandered out to the deck of the boat and looked at the silhoutted shoreline as it slipped by. She considered jumping into the water and swimming for it, but decided she could handle what was on the boat well enough.

Last edited by pshrynk; 09-25-2009 at 12:04 PM.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #25
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ooooo -it's a water saga!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #26
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

I dunno. Poker-playing Egyptian sea otters? We're not being silly are we? 'Course they might just be your run-of-the-mill llamas. Sometimes it's hard to tell. But at least we're rollin'!
Old 06-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #27
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
"Handsome?" Surely you must be referring to Lefty.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #28
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
"Handsome?" Surely you must be referring to Lefty.
i thought it was hugo.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #29
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Neither. Stay tuned!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #30
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i thought it was hugo.
No, I prefer the ones with a few rough edges. Hugo is too "pretty" handsome for my tastes.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wait, what?, when_harv_met_vera