Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
Nonna1
Nonna1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
K3 Screensavers

So.... when will some very intelligent person begin working on a K3 screensaver hack? Can't stand all those dead people staring at me.
Nonna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
When we'll actually *have* a K3 in our hands, maybe?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
When we'll actually *have* a K3 in our hands, maybe?
Wot, that is no excuse.....

PS, hope you are in the first batch!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hopefully, I'll have a nice DHL/FedEx guy at my doorstep around the 27th... ^^
Old 08-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #5
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Cool, I expect to get mine on 4th, so you have almost a week to sort it all out!

So, your little font hack for the menu screen for the large font has been much talked about, even at our Uni which is where we are doing some consulting work at the moment, and also at an Executive level in a Government Department here. Everyone has been very impressed with your work.

And Mum has now finished her first book and went into the menu screen and selected her next book. Not bad for someone who is legally blind and has read her first book in years! (In her fiddling she also managed to turn on the wireless and download a lot of books and run her battery completely flat. But the font was so large she could see the message "Charge your battery now. Turning off the wireless will preserve battery life" but of course, she had no idea that she had turned it on!)
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!

^^. At worst it should be here the next monday/tuesday \o/.

I'm glad that it's helping people enjoy reading .
Old 08-06-2010, 05:52 AM   #7
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Thanks NiLuJe for all your hard work on the previous models as well - I still have my K2i and DX but have pre-ordered a K3 3G/Wi-Fi. I am probably going to give the K2i to my mum so she'll be happier with family pictures than dead authors as well as I am!
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #8
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Thanks NiLuJe!

Just wanted to add my ADVANCED thanks to you and all your hard work on the hacks. It makes such a huge difference in my reading ability and with the new hacks (not having to remove to get a download) - AWESOME!

If the resolution on my K3 is as good as they say, probably won't need the font hack, but I know I will definitely need the screensaver hack, because like most, the dead authors give me the creeps!

Thanks again and look foward to when its ready!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Don't get your hopes up regarding the K3, we still have no idea if it'll be jailbreakable as easily as previous models... .
Old 08-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Don't get your hopes up regarding the K3, we still have no idea if it'll be jailbreakable as easily as previous models... .
True, but the fact that you are willing is good enough for me!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:40 AM   #11
bullish1644
bullish1644 began at the beginning.

Device: k3w
lol same

i am disturbed by amazon's default ss too. haha. only reason i'm on this forum right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonna1 View Post
So.... when will some very intelligent person begin working on a K3 screensaver hack? Can't stand all those dead people staring at me.
bullish1644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #12
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullish1644 View Post
i am disturbed by amazon's default ss too. haha. only reason i'm on this forum right now.
Hopefully, you have found the screen saver hacks in the Developers' forum. Pretty easy to install. I've converted and added my own photos for display. I also added a small text panel to them with owner/reward info that displays when the k3 goes to sleep.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #13
marian8i
marian8i began at the beginning.

Device: none
I personally have no problem with dead Virginia Woolf etc!
I CAN'T STAND THE HORRIBLE ADS!
What the hell could i do with this? i have just registered my 3.2 ad supported kindle (it is a gift, i guess my boyfriend did not understand what ad-supported means) and i am about to throw it out of the window with all these ad screensavers!
any idea, please?
marian8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #14
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by marian8i View Post
I personally have no problem with dead Virginia Woolf etc!
I CAN'T STAND THE HORRIBLE ADS!
What the hell could i do with this? i have just registered my 3.2 ad supported kindle (it is a gift, i guess my boyfriend did not understand what ad-supported means) and i am about to throw it out of the window with all these ad screensavers!
any idea, please?
Return it and spend more money for the WiFi model?
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #15
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
Return it and spend more money for the WiFi model?
This seems to be the best choice. Hopefully you are within the 30 day return period.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote