Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2020, 10:12 PM   #1
drwolff
drwolff began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
How to show book series number on main book list

G'day
I just got a new Kobo Clara HD, to which I promptly loaded 500+ ePub books. Some of my books are part of a series. When I filer by Series and book number, I get metadata appearing showing title/series/book number/authour, such as:
Blood and Iron
American Empire -1
Harry Turtledove

This only shows in the "series" tab
I would like that sort of information to appear in my main books list (which only shows title & authour).

Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks
drwolff
drwolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:23 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwolff View Post
G'day
I just got a new Kobo Clara HD, to which I promptly loaded 500+ ePub books. Some of my books are part of a series. When I filer by Series and book number, I get metadata appearing showing title/series/book number/authour, such as:
Blood and Iron
American Empire -1
Harry Turtledove

This only shows in the "series" tab
I would like that sort of information to appear in my main books list (which only shows title & authour).

Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks
drwolff
Are you using calibre? If so, did you connect to calibre a second time so metadata could be sent? Did you configure calibre (actually, the KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended driver) to send the series information? Is your metadata management set to automatic?

Alternatively, you could use one of geek1011's series utilities. Either NickelSeries which is a utility that runs on your Kobo or seriesmeta which runs from your PC. NickelSeries is faster.
You can find them in
NickelSeries: Integrated EPUB/KEPUB series metadata support
or kepubify v3: A fast, standalone EPUB to KEPUB converter (plus covergen/seriesmeta).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2020, 11:24 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
How did you add the book to the device? It doesn't read series info from sideloaded book. If you sideload with calibre, that can set the series info, but, you need to connect the device again. Calibre can only set series info for books already on the device. The process is to send the book to the device, disconnect it and let the books be imported, and then connect again to set the series info and other metadata if needed.

There are two other ways to set the series info. Both are discussed in threads here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote