Notices

Old 02-03-2024, 01:22 PM   #1
bubak
Connoisseur
bubak began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Customize article loading

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a recipe for a server where calibre loads only partial article. Interestingly, using wget or curl loads the whole article. So two questions: is there a way to find out why it differs and how to customize calibre API to get the whole article?
And if not, is there some recipe API function that accepts the URL and returns HTML or soup? Then I could call wget or curl from it.
bubak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 09:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can override http access by implemneting get_browser in your recipe class to return an object with an open() method that returns a file like object from which the data is read.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2024, 06:49 AM   #3
bubak
Connoisseur
bubak began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I see, thanks. As a matter of fact, in turned out that the article contains all the text, even three times (!), but it is obfuscated by some preprocessing commands. So defining get_obfuscated_article() was enough.
bubak is offline   Reply With Quote