Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-21-2013, 05:29 AM   #406
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
The reader sees the disk, but not the books. And the card was formatted before, after I fixed another problem I was having it's worked perfectly. It's not the disk or the formatting.
I would suggest taking the card out, powering OFF and then ON.
When you are back at the Home screen, put the card back in and see if you get the processing message.

I realize that if you have a LARGE collection on the SD card this may take some time but it is probably the best next step.

If it still doesn't recognize the books:

1. Try another SD card with a few books if you have one available.
2. Make sure you have a copy of the books on the SD card and reformat and re-copy the files. I understand the Kobo puts some files on and maybe some file has been corrupted.

Beyond that you will have to hope someone with more knowledge of the idiosyncrasies of SD cards can help you.

Larry
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #407
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymohr View Post
I would suggest taking the card out, powering OFF and then ON.
When you are back at the Home screen, put the card back in and see if you get the processing message.

I realize that if you have a LARGE collection on the SD card this may take some time but it is probably the best next step.

If it still doesn't recognize the books:

1. Try another SD card with a few books if you have one available.
2. Make sure you have a copy of the books on the SD card and reformat and re-copy the files. I understand the Kobo puts some files on and maybe some file has been corrupted.

Beyond that you will have to hope someone with more knowledge of the idiosyncrasies of SD cards can help you.

Larry
I had to do a factory reset with the card out. Surprisingly it didn't take that long for it to process
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #408
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Is there a way to rebuild the database without a factory reset and firmware update? I've had to do that every few months since I first started using a Kobo to clean up various problems that inevitably accumulate.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #409
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Log out on the device. It replaces the database with an empty one, reboots and takes you through the setup.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #410
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So just log out under Settings -> Account and I get a clean new database with all the accumulated errors scrubbed away? Sounds great, thanks! Much less work than a factory reset + firmware reload, and no risk of an unintentional firmware update as long as I don't let it load new firmware after Sync.
Advert
Old 05-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #411
gauchomigo
gauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to behold

Device: kobo forma/aura
I have owned a Sony 505 and PRS-T1. Just got my Aura yesterday. It took a bit to get my desktop and the Aura to communicate, but finally they did, and after updating Calibre, communications between Calibre and the Aura were flawless.

The Aura is waaaay more advanced than the T1. Software is faster, resolution is superior, page turns are quicker, fonts/size/spacing are all more adjustable, and the light is amazing. It also was a snap to download a book from my dropbox using the browser. I am now reading at a much smaller font setting. Not a big fan of the "waves" in the back of the case, but so far that is my sole complaint.
gauchomigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #412
Hartsock
Enthusiast
Hartsock began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I have had my Aura HD for a week. Like it very much. That said the Home Page is a mess. Did I miss a customize option for it?
Hartsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #413
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
I have had my Aura HD for a week. Like it very much. That said the Home Page is a mess. Did I miss a customize option for it?
The only thing you can do at the moment is dismissing unwanted tiles (long press on a tile brings up the option to open or dismiss).

Sync tile can't be dismissed unless you change the entry in the database.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #414
t.kruse
t.kruse began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi all,

got my Kobo Aura HD a week ago, running now on 2.5.2. It has 2 glow spots (pixels bright when frontlight is on), but I wont bother sending the device back for just that, they are hard to notice.

I generally like the device, but still I noticed many things I'd like to change. Not sure whether writing them down in this forum will help, but who knows.

Bugs / Suggestions:

BUG: One of the first books I read had small graphics at the beginning of each chapter (e.g. see http://dev.epubbud.com/uploads/1/3/3..._pdf/page1.jpg ), and when I flip to the next page, the text in the area where the graphic was black display a bit "thinner" (probably the letters are less "black" than on the rest of the page). While still readable, this distracts me more than the bright pixels. This is more noticeable with smaller fonts. Though most ebooks probably come without graphics. Flipping forth to another text page and back then shows the same text normal. Not sure whether there is an easy cure.

Bug: Highlighting text makes it practically unreadable (black on almost black).

Bug: Highlightings and annotations are not permanently removed. To reproduce, open book, add annotation / hightlight, save highlight, return to homescreen. Book should be top left tile, showing annotation and highlights. tap on this lower section, delete annotation and hightlight after long tab, return. Annotation and highlight should now appear gone. Open other book. go back to home screen. open first book again, return to home screen. Annotation and highlight should are back again on my Aura HD (2.5.2).

Suggestion: When zooming into a PDF, then flipping to the next page, I'd like the zoom area to remain where it was, XY position-wise. I understand that resetting it to upper left corner makes sense if you want to zoom read pages, but in my case I just wanted to crop away the margins. Could also be a different setting/button than zoom. I had to resort to changing the PDF files to crop the margins.

Suggestion: Tapping the screen before a Menu screen is displayed should never activate anything on the screen to be displayed. It's bad enough that the UI is sluggish, but then having to revert back out of an accidentally opened book makes matters MUCH worse. Inside a book, advancing two pages for tapping twice is fine.

Suggestion: A .mobi file with a comic book converted by Calibre to epub displayed images in original size, which was using just half of the Aura display. This relates to the zooming problem, again I would have liked a fixed zoom area / margin cropping). Using a 1 Ghz processor, I imagine the Kobo could really also just heuristically crop away white areas to all sides of a page (Auto-zoom).

Suggestions: Cbz files with picture numberings (1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12 ...) displayed in poor alphabetical ordering (1, 10, 11, 12, ... 2, ...), see http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/200...ort-order.html
I understand that maybe this should be fixed in the respective cbz files anyway and could do so myself, still it is annoying.

Suggestion: Sorting in any list of books / items in the Kobo menu should be sortable in either direction. E.g. when sorting by size, I want to be able to have smalles or largest first. Currently I can only have largest.

Suggestion: When organizing books into shelves, I want to be able to filter out boks that already have shelves. E.g. when there are 200 books on the device, and 9 new ones, and I need to add the 9 new ones, I want a list showing all books which have no shelf yet.

Suggestion: I always want the library tile on the homescreen, right now it is kind of random when it is there or not. (it is there after adding books, I believe)

Suggestion: When I am offline, then search should not default to results from the bookstore, there ain't never going to be results.

Suggestion: Searching "Delaney" in my collection gave me two results:
Delaney, Joseph (1 book)
Joseph Delaney (4 books)
That could be smarter (though partly the metadata is at fault).

Suggestion: Apps / Games should not be hidden as last entry in "Settings". Why not put them at the bottom of homescreen after "Library | Bookstore | Reading Life"?

Suggestion: For the fast reader, it would be nice if finishing the book of one series / shelf could open or at least easily access the next book from the series / shelf.

Suggestion: Buttons in the menus should be visible as buttons (E.g. did you know you can tap on "Page x to y" to quick jump?)

Suggestion: I am unable to get what this screenshot shows:
http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/imag.../15/362250.jpg
Article:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/45...iew-images.htm
But looks like a nice feature.

Suggestion: (Accidentally) opening a book on cover page and returning from it should not set stats to 0% read. It should remain unread / finished.

Suggestion: Default sorting for books should be improved. Showing finished books early because they were "recently read" is useless, the user will have little interest in reading them again usually, will they. Default sorting should show unfinished recently read first, then unread books, then finished books.

Suggestion: Filtering book lists by type would help a lot, a large comic book set in my collection just annoy me in the list when I only care about novels at a given time, and vice versa.

Suggestion: When reading novels from a series of books, it would help to have quick access to metadata about the book, such as which number in the series it's in. E.g. when having a book called "Stephen King: Wolves of the Calla" on the device, it would be nice to be able to quickly search the internet for that title to know it's the 5th out of the dark tower series and next up is "Song of Susannah".

Suggestion: Showing page numbers in the margins additionally to those at the bottom should not be a default.

Suggestion: Header row (book title) and bottom row (Page x of y) when displaying epubs should be optional. The title row should be displayed once, when opening a book, because the tiling of the home screen sometimes is no help in knowing the title (nondescript covers). That probably has been said before, this is just my +1.

Suggestion: It should be easily possible to get the title of a book on any tile in the homescreen without opening the book. Some files have bad covers.

Suggestion: Sleeping / poweroff screen should be configurable, I might not want everybody to know which book I am reading, similarly, locking the device should be an option. No need for anything ultra-secure, people will just forget passwords, but simply something so that I can leave the kobo unattended at a desk without a passerby being able to pick it up and browse thought my collection quickly.
t.kruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #415
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.kruse View Post
Suggestion: A .mobi file with a comic book converted by Calibre to epub displayed images in original size, which was using just half of the Aura display. This relates to the zooming problem, again I would have liked a fixed zoom area / margin cropping). Using a 1 Ghz processor, I imagine the Kobo could really also just heuristically crop away white areas to all sides of a page (Auto-zoom).
This can be fixed with some editing of the epub. There have been several discussions in this forum around images. If you convert the book to a .kepub.epub and the image is alone on the page, you can zoom it. See the Calibre Kobo extended driver to automate the process.

Quote:
Suggestion: Sorting in any list of books / items in the Kobo menu should be sortable in either direction. E.g. when sorting by size, I want to be able to have smalles or largest first. Currently I can only have largest.
It would be great to have some more flexible sort options.

Quote:
Suggestion: I always want the library tile on the homescreen, right now it is kind of random when it is there or not. (it is there after adding books, I believe)
There is the library link at the bottom of the home screen. As for the tile, fter adding books, it will remain until it is pushed off the screen by other tiles. Generally, I've been long pressing and dismissing it.

Quote:
Suggestion: When I am offline, then search should not default to results from the bookstore, there ain't never going to be results.
Unfortunately, true. Personally, I would prefer an option to search library first and the bookstore if you are connected.

Quote:
Suggestion: Searching "Delaney" in my collection gave me two results:
Delaney, Joseph (1 book)
Joseph Delaney (4 books)
That could be smarter (though partly the metadata is at fault).
Sorry but to me that is entirely a metadata issue. The author name/author sort/book title are set in the metadata. Use either Calibre or Sigil to fix.

Quote:
Suggestion: I am unable to get what this screenshot shows:
http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/imag.../15/362250.jpg
Article:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/45...iew-images.htm
But looks like a nice feature.
That requires a .kepub book. Some people like it, some don't. It will give you a title bar at the top of the screen along with chapter pages in the bottom bar. You can use the extended touch driver to automate sending your ebooks to the Kobo with that extension and some editing. Still some issues with the process but works quite well.

Quote:
Suggestion: (Accidentally) opening a book on cover page and returning from it should not set stats to 0% read. It should remain unread / finished.
You want the ereader to read your mind?

Quote:
Suggestion: Default sorting for books should be improved. Showing finished books early because they were "recently read" is useless, the user will have little interest in reading them again usually, will they. Default sorting should show unfinished recently read first, then unread books, then finished books.
Personally, I seldom browse through the library. Using the search feature is just a lot faster and easier.

Quote:
Suggestion: Filtering book lists by type would help a lot, a large comic book set in my collection just annoy me in the list when I only care about novels at a given time, and vice versa.
How does the ereader get informed that book A is a comic book, book B is a novel, book C is a tech reference?

Quote:
Suggestion: Showing page numbers in the margins additionally to those at the bottom should not be a default.
See the settings menu. Under Reading settings, turn off the "Show page numbers in the margins:"

Quote:
Suggestion: Header row (book title) and bottom row (Page x of y) when displaying epubs should be optional. The title row should be displayed once, when opening a book, because the tiling of the home screen sometimes is no help in knowing the title (nondescript covers). That probably has been said before, this is just my +1.
It would be nice to make these optional. Check some of the threads in this forum where adding the title bar to .epub books (it's been shown for .kepub books for many firmware revisions) seemed to have become tantamount to the end of civilization as we know it.

Quote:
Suggestion: It should be easily possible to get the title of a book on any tile in the homescreen without opening the book. Some files have bad covers.
Again, bad metadata. Use Calibre or Sigil to fix the covers.

Quote:
Suggestion: Sleeping / poweroff screen should be configurable, I might not want everybody to know which book I am reading, similarly, locking the device should be an option. No need for anything ultra-secure, people will just forget passwords, but simply something so that I can leave the kobo unattended at a desk without a passerby being able to pick it up and browse thought my collection quickly.
Given the number of issues that Kobo has had in past with covers, I would prefer they avoid that suggestion. As for the passcode, I don't leave any of my devices unattended. Since I keep my ebook collection on a uSD card, it's all too easy for someone to just pop the card out and walk away with it. One of my coworkers had her photo collection from her cellphone disappear that way. Not the most pleasant experience for her or her significant other.

I hope these comments are of some help to you. It would seem that you have not purchased many books from the Kobo store given a couple of your comments such as the statistics display.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 05-29-2013 at 12:37 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #416
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
@t.kruse

If some of your suggestions were implemented I'd be really annoyed

For instance PDF zoom reset. I cropped my PDFs for a reason. The reset to the top left is very handy. I never want to start reading in the bottom right corner.

And the recent read not including the recently finished suggestion. I wouldn't like that, cause sometimes I "finish" a book by accident (when looking at the end of the book) or want to go back when reading a series. I realise most people won't reread a book recently finished, but if you want to remember something you recently read, etc, etc, it still is useful for SOME people.

And some suggestions are a little specific. Like that you always want the library tile on the homescreen. I think a more realistic and useful suggestion would be that tiles could be added, marked permanent and dismissed as the user saw fit. Not everyone has the same usage patterns.

Some of your suggestions are already possible:
Series info....just add it, then it will be there and no internet lookup is necessary.

Not showing book covers when asleep or turned off suggestion. Just uncheck the box in the settings. If/When reading something you don't want to display to the world, it is easy enough to turn that setting off for the book, and it's easy to notice that it is showing the book cover when you put it to sleep/turn it off. If you are leaving a book unattended and open, expect people can look at what you're reading anyway...
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #417
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
I had the Aura device for a little over a week and the paint on the red power button is wearing down already - paint is clipping away exposing a white switch. The power button is not a solid piece of red plastic, but a white button painted red.

This is a little disappointing because the Glo power button is solid coloured plastic not painted on.

I don't know why Kobo use such inferior plastic on a premium reader.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #418
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZetlin View Post
I had the Aura device for a little over a week and the paint on the red power button is wearing down already - paint is clipping away exposing a white switch. The power button is not a solid piece of red plastic, but a white button painted red.

This is a little disappointing because the Glo power button is solid coloured plastic not painted on.

I don't know why Kobo use such inferior plastic on a premium reader.
I already have markings on the bezel and don't know how that could have happened. Always kept my Aura in a cover, nothing ever fell on it, it never dropped, I don't have sharp fingernails or extremely rough skin or anything...

And I've had my Touch for 1,5 years, always kept and used it almost anywhere without a cover (except when travelling) and there's nothing to be seen. The case is still as good as new, there's only an almost invisble nick on the screen and I know how that happend.

Until yesterday I kind of liked the smooth plastic of the Aura but now I'm not so sure anymore... I wonder how it will look in half a year. Probably like it was at least 10 years old and has been kept in a pocket with the keys.

No problems with my power button... yet... but still... things like that are annoying to say the least. And I was going to keep my unit even though it has some problems with the light layer, but now I am not so sure anymore... (also the battery power seems to drops very fast so I might have to get a replacement... and then? Only use it with white gloves?).
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #419
FJames
Addict

Quote:
BUG: One of the first books I read had small graphics at the beginning of each chapter (e.g. see http://dev.epubbud.com/uploads/1/3/3..._pdf/page1.jpg ), and when I flip to the next page, the text in the area where the graphic was black display a bit "thinner" (probably the letters are less "black" than on the rest of the page). While still readable, this distracts me more than the bright pixels. This is more noticeable with smaller fonts. Though most ebooks probably come without graphics. Flipping forth to another text page and back then shows the same text normal. Not sure whether there is an easy cure.
That's not a bug, but rather a hardware limitation of eInk screens. An image with dark pixels produces a lingering area of lighter text on the next page. It can only be prevented by doing a full flash-to-black page clear on every page turn, which is left to your choice in the settings.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:01 AM   #420
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Continuing with a few more suggestions from my last post...

Quote:
This is not a bug but rather a limitation of the eInk display technology. See "ghosting". If you are really bothered, you can can set page refresh to 1 in Settings => Page Refresh from the default of 6. You'll get the white/black/white flash between each page. Some people are more annoyed by that than the ghosting.

Quote:
If you really want to lose the cover display, edit the affiliate.conf file in the .kobo directory in the root of the builtin storage. Change the affiliate= line to read affiliate=fnac to give you the FNAC logo on your sleep and power off screens.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote