Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-13-2004, 08:49 AM   #1
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
good free reader for PPC?

I've been around here long enough that I feel like I should know this one, but... I have a friend who is just getting into reading ebooks on his PPC. He's asking me about good free readers, but all I have is Palm, and I'm not sure what's available (I've always ignored the PPC threads: call me narrow-minded). I told him about MobiPocket and Microsoft Reader and iSilo (though the free version is pretty limited). What about Vade Mecum? Is it any good? And besides iSilo, what $$ readers are worth the dough? Thanks for the help, ya'll...
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:51 PM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
ignatz, tell him to try uBook... Craig also mentioned it in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1943

Greets
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2004, 12:31 AM   #3
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
ubook is very nice for reading rtf, html, plaintext or palm doc files. It's very configurable, skinnable, works on zipped files, has a windows version, is constantly being updated, and is free! It's my favourite reader.

Having said that, I have installed (and registered) isilo, mobipocket and palm/ereader (just in case ).

For reading secure ebooks, ereader or mobipocket are the way to go (unless you use convertlit or something similar for lit files). I prefer the mobipocket reader to ereader, but if I must have DRM, I rather prefer ereaders... <sigh>

The cost to register either (or both!) isn't that great either (even for we poor Australians and the current exchange rate with the US$.

Craig.

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote