Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 05:58 AM   #1
osiris777
osiris777 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
slow and sluggish already

hello
my nook touch arrived today and i have a few books on it already and i also sideloaded the book i am currently reading onto it
to start with i changed the text settings to how i liked them best but now after having a bit of a play, not mucking with anything major the text display screen is ridiculously slow to respond to anything i change.
i restarted also but same thing.

another thing i am wondering, not sure maybe its the particular epub i am reading, but does every novel appear as a big block of text on the screen?
no paragraphs or spaces between chapters?
osiris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Paragraphing and such is from formatting. It sounds like your file is the problem.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
osiris777
osiris777 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
yes i had a look at another file and it was perfect, even better than i was expecting actually. the file was definitely the problem.
osiris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
The file can also be the cause of the sluggishness. I've found some epubs from Project Gutenberg run agonizingly slow on my Sony.

Are other books sluggish?
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote