Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Wink Can't wait to get my eReader!

Hi folks
wanted to introduce myself as I will be getting an eReader pretty soon (Mother's day is around the corner )! And when I do I'm sure I'll have lots of questions to flood all of you! A little bit about me : I'm 31, happily married with a 20 mth old son who I adore to pieces. I've bought eBooks before but have read them on my laptop which you of course know is not comfortable for any length of time. I figured I may as well get a reader if I'm going to be spending hrs reading eBooks. After doing 2 weeks of research I've decided that the right hardware for me is the Sony PRS 600 or 900. I'm kinda leaning more towards the Touch since it would easily fit in my bag, but the Daily was looking real good too since it had more readable surface. I was able to play with those today at the SonyStyle store and loved them both. That's a little about me, thanks for reading have a great weekend!
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi glowhappy and welcome to MobileRead.

I've had a Sony 505 for over two years and really like it. I think you be very pleased with either the Daily Edition or the Touch.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Hi glowhappy and welcome to Mobileread. I'm sure when you decide which one to go for you'll be happy with it - whichever it is
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:34 AM   #5
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Hi glowhappy,
welcome!

I am very happy with my PRS600. I bought it all by myself though. Red with its red cover so that the touch screen does not get scratched. Remember this.
Best wishes with your 20 months old son. I enjoy a 37 months old daughter who adores me (ah ah) and that, when my wifes grumbles because I sit too much in front of the computer, she, the little darling, takes me by the hand and walks me to the computer saying. Play with computer, I'll talk to her. Or sounds to that effect.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:49 AM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Welcome glowhappy!

I recommend that you do more than two weeks of research! There are many threads here about the many types of eBook readers, and I'm sure that any questions you have will be answered.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:51 AM   #7
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
double post

Last edited by beppe; 04-25-2010 at 03:52 AM. Reason: double post
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #8
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Smile

Hi Glowhappy and welcome. I'm sure you'll get many relaxing hours with your new e-reader when you're not being a mommy. Have fun.

Joyce
SERENDIPITY HOUSE
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:41 AM   #9
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Glowhappy. Looking forward to hearing that you're delighted with your reader -- whatever your choice. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #10
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Hi glowhappy and welcome to MR. Good luck on the forthcoming reader - whichever it is.

Don't forget to post any queries you may have here on the forum if you can't find the answer. The forum has helped me a lot, getting the best out of my PRS600 (touch) and I am really happy with it.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #11
nefferbea
nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony PRS600, ipod touch, Sony 950
Welcome! I love my PRS 600. I'm sure that you'll be thrilled with whichever ereader you choose.
nefferbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #12
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	rosegoldglitter.gif
Views:	205
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	50600 glowhappy, and welcome to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #13
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thx everyone for the warm welcome and karma I love this forum already!
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #14
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introducing myself, newbie, noob, sony 600