Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your favourite animal as a pet?
Cat 45 39.13%
Dog 51 44.35%
Rabbit 4 3.48%
Rat 1 0.87%
Fish 4 3.48%
Goat 3 2.61%
Other 7 6.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2009, 08:37 AM   #76
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Some before and after photos. (Offsite album requires Adobe flash player)

Puppy is much cooler now and enjoys all the attention of the new 'do.

We miss all the long curls though, but I know they'll grow back.

WDE.
aw ! she looks so sleek and elegant with her new hair cut. what kind of dog is that again ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #77
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
aw ! she looks so sleek and elegant with her new hair cut. what kind of dog is that again ?
American Cocker Spaniel X Miniature Poodle. I guess you would call it one of those designer dogs. No shedding due to the poodle daddy.

(AKA Cock-a-poo or Spoodle)

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:52 AM   #78
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Cock-a-poo" ????? "Spoodle" ????? how can anyone take a dog seriously with a name like that ??? i certainly won't be able to.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #79
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
"Cock-a-poo" ????? "Spoodle" ????? how can anyone take a dog seriously with a name like that ??? i certainly won't be able to.
I know, I know. I often just refer to her parentage when asked, but most people here would know what a cock-a-poo or spoodle was. Remember though, she is half French.
Quote:
Cockapoos have become popular because they generally combine the outgoing, loving personality of the cocker spaniel with the low-shedding, low-dander qualities of the poodle, resulting in a loving, intelligent, energetic and agile dog that sheds very little
WDE
Old 06-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #80
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
"Cock-a-poo" ????? "Spoodle" ????? how can anyone take a dog seriously with a name like that ???
You could:
  • give it a bowler hat and an umbrella and ask its opinion of the Thatcher government
  • call it "Henry Kissinger"
  • let it read the news on telly (the early stuff, not the fluffy kitten story at the end)
  • put it through uni for a degree in physics (really big stuff or really small stuff)
  • ask its opinion of bath time
  • bring in into MR on Opposite Day and have it post according to the rules in an Unutterably Silly thread

Cheers,
and don't call me "Shirley"
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #81
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I know, I know. I often just refer to her parentage when asked, but most people here would know what a cock-a-poo or spoodle was. Remember though, she is half French.

WDE
that explains her outrageous accent, but it doesn't make it any easier to take her seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
You could:
  • give it a bowler hat and an umbrella and ask its opinion of the Thatcher government
  • call it "Henry Kissinger"
  • let it read the news on telly (the early stuff, not the fluffy kitten story at the end)
  • put it through uni for a degree in physics (really big stuff or really small stuff)
  • ask its opinion of bath time
  • bring in into MR on Opposite Day and have it post according to the rules in an Unutterably Silly thread

Cheers,
and don't call me "Shirley"
well i'm skeptical (seriously, "spoodle" ? come on. i think she'll need a lot more than a physics degree and a bowler) but i suppose it's worth a try.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #82
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

well i'm skeptical (seriously, "spoodle" ? come on.
Shh, not "spoodle" - "Henry Kissinger".

Cheers,
Marc
Old 06-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #83
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Shh, not "spoodle" - "Henry Kissinger".

Cheers,
Marc
right, right ! sorry. forgot.

(do you really think that will help ?)
Old 06-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #84
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
right, right ! sorry. forgot.

(do you really think that will help ?)
No, probably not, but I'm going to amuse myself handsomely calling WDE's duppy-pog (and any other spoodle I spy - I know a couple in Noosa Heads), "Henry Kissinger" from now on.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 06-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #85
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
No, probably not, but I'm going to amuse myself handsomely calling WDE's duppy-pog (and any other spoodle I spy - I know a couple in Noosa Heads), "Henry Kissinger" from now on.

Cheers,
Marc
cross-thread pollination !!

(pre-emptive : "it's all a rich tapestry" )
Old 06-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #86
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
cross-thread pollination !!

(pre-emptive : "it's all a rich tapestry" )
It's all a...hey!

Cheers,
Marc (They used to have hansom cabs; now we just get ugly taxis)
Old 06-27-2009, 09:21 AM   #87
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
It's all a...hey!

Quote:
Cheers,
Marc (They used to have hansom cabs; now we just get ugly taxis)
that's progress for ya !
Old 06-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #88
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
that explains her outrageous accent, but it doesn't make it any easier to take her seriously.

well i'm skeptical (seriously, "spoodle" ? come on. i think she'll need a lot more than a physics degree and a bowler) but i suppose it's worth a try.
Poodle hybrids are popular because of their non-shedding and hypoallergenic qualities.

Names of "Hybrid X's" often use Portmanteau words.

Some poodle hybrid examples.

The first example might amuse you.

WDE
Old 06-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #89
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Poodle hybrids are popular because of their non-shedding and hypoallergenic qualities.

Names of "Hybrid X's" often use Portmanteau words.

Some poodle hybrid examples.

The first example might amuse you.

WDE
sweet fuzzy squirrels on a cracker, never in my LIFE have i seen a more ridiculous list of words !!! i mean, be honest, the word "poodle" is pretty silly to begin with (in french they are called "caniche" by the way, not nearly as ridiculous) but it is clearly impossible to combine this word with any other one without obtaining the sort of result which will leave even the strongest and least easily-amused person snickering and pointing (and for those who tend naturally toward the sillier end of the spectrum, i would expect reactions to include copious rofling).
Old 06-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #90
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
(and for those who tend naturally toward the sillier end of the spectrum, i would expect reactions to include copious rofling).
...and calling a Shih Tzu Poodle mix a Shih-Poo isn't avoiding the sniggers - it's painting a big red arrow, surrounded by a thousand flashing lights and ringing with a million cowbells, pointing at the obvious elephantine portmanteau in the room.

Cheers,
Marc (I mean the Tzudle, of course)