Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
jetdave
jetdave began at the beginning.

Device: none
Providence and the Butler by P.G. Wodehouse

This short story was recently discovered after being lost for 99 years. Has anyone got an electronic version?

jetdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Try here:

http://pgbits.com/Providence_and_the_Butler
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Maybe here ?
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'm having trouble finding "Thank You, Jeeves" anywhere. I checked here (nein, not in PD), Library (nyet), Borders (non, except for a hardcover for $18). Amazon has them though, but I prefer not to buy from them. I might have to call the used book stores around...
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
Idoine
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I'm having trouble finding "Thank You, Jeeves" anywhere. I checked here (nein, not in PD), Library (nyet), Borders (non, except for a hardcover for $18). Amazon has them though, but I prefer not to buy from them. I might have to call the used book stores around...
Did you search Gutenberg ?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
Did you search Gutenberg ?
No. I had asked the uploader of the other Jeeves books (think it was HarryT), and they said it wasn't in public domain yet.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
Idoine

I searched, too, and it seems all the links are illegal ones, apart from paperback and audio cassette !
Old 04-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
The one I cited contains a scan of the first page of the 1910 newspaper publication. This should be PD in the USA.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote