Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Official Lighted Case in Blue, $19.94

Though we're all aware P.C. Richards can be dodgy, they now seem to have sold out of the pink cases and have put up the model instead that many of us still prefer:

The original lighted case in blue!
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
nesler
Zealot
nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to list
Link doesn't work. Sold out? Crappppppppppp....
nesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
If you do a search for "Sony PRS", it gives you this page, which looks like they have both the pink and blue lighted covers in stock. But clicking on either of them from that page brings up not found. You might have to try placing the order or calling them to find out if they really have any left or not. I have 2 Sony covers in blue, 1 lighted, 1 without the light, that I love. I thought I was lucky finding the lighted one for $34 awhile back, this is a super price if they have any left to get rid of.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:40 AM   #4
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Well, the system took my order this morning, for what that is worth. I will be waiting hopefully for a ship notice, but I'm not counting this one as a bird in hand until then. If both orders (one pink and one blue) actually come in, there's a chance I will sell the pink. Or maybe I'll just have a boy and a girl pair of PRS-350s!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:00 AM   #5
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The only reason I posted the link is because it worked for me, as did the pink originally. I was able to place both orders:-- one for me and one for my significant bother.

I saw the double search page alluded to by Ripplinger that showed both covers. But in the beginning, a search yielded only the pink cover.

When it worked, clicking on the blue cover would take you to an order form; when it didn't, clicking on the pink cover would take you to a prompt telling you the product page no longer existed.

Now, as you'll see if you follow R's link, you're taken to a more general page, with links to covers for previous-generation Sony Readers.

As of this morning, neither the double results page nor either of the covers can now be located by searching or using preexisting product page URLs. This is exactly what happened months ago when the silver 350 with blue lighted cover was briefly available at the same store. People reported receiving the ones they ordered back then, so perhaps we'll be lucky as well.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-14-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #6
Kijac
Connoisseur
Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-950
Graycyn, I would take the pink cover with light for my daughter . Don't forget me, when you would get both covers . Thanks!
Kijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:41 AM   #7
nesler
Zealot
nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to list
I had been looking over that site quite a bit over the last couple days. It figures that I would miss the blue cover popping up by a matter of hours.
nesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #8
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijac View Post
Graycyn, I would take the pink cover with light for my daughter . Don't forget me, when you would get both covers . Thanks!
I will keep you in mind. I may not sell (presuming the orders aren't cancelled), because I do have the two 350 refurbs. First I will have to see what I think of the cover and how it feels in my hand.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
graycyn
Wizard

Well, this is interesting ... I have a ship notice email this afternoon for the BLUE cover, but nothing so far on the pink cover which was ordered previously. I won't sweat if that first order is cancelled, because I prefer the blue, but I've not received any cancellation email.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #10
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Are you certain you didn't receive a confirmation email rather than a shipping notice? I've received confirmations for both orders, and tracking numbers and shipping labels have been created for both as well, but neither order has actually been shipped. Both are shown as being "processed" when I check the P.C. Richard site.

So far, I don't see any reason to be worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Well, this is interesting ... I have a ship notice email this afternoon for the BLUE cover, but nothing so far on the pink cover which was ordered previously. I won't sweat if that first order is cancelled, because I prefer the blue, but I've not received any cancellation email.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Since people seem to be scrutinizing this entire process with heightened anxiety, I'll leave you with this:

In the interests of being clear about what I might expect, I called customer service with both of my order numbers. It seems that both orders shipped out today but that the emails sent out announcing this didn't arrive. The person with whom I spoke just emailed copies of those and everything looks good.

It's very possible the pink case was sent with the blue one, graycyn, but that you only received a notice about the latter.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #12
graycyn
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
It's very possible the pink case was sent with the blue one, graycyn, but that you only received a notice about the latter.
Appears they shipped separately, got a ship notice for the pink cover today. Odd, since the pink was ordered first, but it does look like if folks were able to order, they will receive product.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #13
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Here's what I'm asking: Did the pink and blue get shipped on the same day or not? You might have to ask them over the phone rather than checking each individual notice. I've found that the notices we receive from a variety of companies aren't always up-to-date. For example: If you've updated your shipping address after placing your order, your notice might not reflect the change even though the actual shipping order will.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #14
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Waterstones UK - 350 cover with lite, £20....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:08 AM   #15
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Just to put the cap on my participation in this little group purchase:

Received both covers today by UPS Express, even though I selected free shipping -- and both packages were dated November 15. Everything is in unopened new condition, and the packaging for each cover still bore a sticker that read $49.95.

Excellent deal all around. Glad I ordered; won't hesitate to order from PCR again.