Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
brauckmiller
Edge User

Battery / power up issues

Anyone else experience an issue where your eDGe will not power up?

I've had mine for 2 days now and twice I've had to re-seat the battery to get it to power up.

And by the way, that batter is a royal pain to pop out. Even after you release the two slide tabs, the battery remains in the unit. Is this possibly the cause of my problem?

I've called support and emailed them...but no response as yet.

Thanks

Craig Brauckmiller

Old 04-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
D4N14L
Edge User

yes you wont receive a response from the support team until at least one workday after they have received it. they work normal hours too. as for your batrery, yes, it is a pain to remove. theres not much you can do about it. I have never had any of your problems though. the best thing to do is to probably wait until the support team gets back to you.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
SuzInKS
Edge User

Is there a reset button somewhere? I'm stuck in reboot mode and no one is responding at tech support. Help anyone!?!?!??!?

Old 04-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
thefuture04
Edge User

I haven't had the battery problem either, my only problem is that one of my > buttons doesn't work half the time

Old 04-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
SuzInKS
Edge User

borisb, the ebook side just keeps saying that its updating and don't turn it off and the netbook side is blank. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
SuzInKS
Edge User

the scroll ball is lit but the netbook screen is blank. I've had this sucker off and on, with battery in/with battery out over and over, and every time I turn it back on, it just sits there-nothing seems to work ever change. I had a thought that there might be some combination of buttons that might work (ala alt/cntl/delete) but couldn't find a combination. Kind of frustrated that there isn't support available today but I guess its a semi-holiday. was just hoping I could play with it this weekend...oh well. I'll give up until Monday. Thanks for your help!

Old 04-03-2010, 01:13 AM   #7
omagedon
Edge User

Sounds like your update has corrupted your device, you might have to return it. Since there is no "Master Reset" button you got no other option but return it..

It would be cool it Entourage would make a Windows/Mac program to be able to reset the Entourage Edge back to defaults like what Apple does for the iPod Touch/iPhone/iPod.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #8
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brauckmiller View Post
I've had mine for 2 days now and twice I've had to re-seat the battery to get it to power up.

And by the way, that batter is a royal pain to pop out. Even after you release the two slide tabs, the battery remains in the unit. Is this possibly the cause of my problem?
I had to do this SEVERAL times a day before the software update, though I suspect there's more going on with my machine.

As for the battery, mine removes quite easily. I can do it one handed, pinky and thumb both sliding the latches in and then it just falls out (when held to take advantage of gravity). I actually thing the battery is a perfect construction for removing. Are you using gravity like Boris and I? If so and it's not just sliding right out, then yes, maybe that is the problem because my battery certainly isn't tight.... unless that's MY problem!