Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-08-2014, 04:55 AM   #1
pdani
pdani began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3.2.1
new version not suitable for XP?

Question: The new version 2.9.0 says it only works on Vista and higher - my current version (not sure what it is and how to find the version#) is on XP. I can move this to another computer I have with Win7 on it - not sure how to do this. thanks in advance for any help.
Dani
pdani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:29 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Versions starting at 2.0 will not run on XP with reliability, so the install is now limited,

You CAN move your whole Library (and settings) to a new (W7) computer.
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id41

You should also copy you ENTIRE calibre configuration folder if you have made many customizations.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ver 2.9.0, windows 7, windows xp