Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-14-2007, 06:51 PM   #31
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
The "reorder" from Mtas. doesn´t work for me. Here it is the message in error_log.txt:
"Number of lines in the file new_order differs from the number of entries in Device Manager menu.r 0 entries in Device Manager menu.r 8 in the file new_order.r The following line(s) does not exist in Device Manager menu.r recentdocsr CFr USBr MMCr
setupr profilesr referencer mainr"

Anyway thanks for your effort to improve the Iliad.
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:40 AM   #32
mtas
Enthusiast
mtas doesn't littermtas doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by templario
The "reorder" from Mtas. doesn´t work for me. Here it is the message in error_log.txt:
"Number of lines in the file new_order differs from the number of entries in Device Manager menu.r 0 entries in Device Manager menu.r 8 in the file new_order.r The following line(s) does not exist in Device Manager menu.r recentdocsr CFr USBr MMCr
setupr profilesr referencer mainr"

Anyway thanks for your effort to improve the Iliad.
Odd, could you zip together the files new_order.txt and original_order from the directory where you have installed the reorder script and post them? I'll take a look at it and try to see what's wrong.
mtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2007, 05:51 AM   #33
templario
Connoisseur

Ok, i´ll do it when i get home. Anyway, could it be that i´m running the script from the CF card?

Thanks for your help and your scripts.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:18 AM   #34
mtas
Enthusiast

Quote:
Ok, i´ll do it when i get home. Anyway, could it be that i´m running the script from the CF card?

Thanks for your help and your scripts.
Well, I'm running it from my CF card so thats not the problem. Would it be possible for you to just zip the whole reorder directory and mail i to me?

I'm quite intrigued by this problem because this should "just work" (I know, famous last words and all )
Old 04-16-2007, 01:38 PM   #35
templario
Connoisseur

Here i attach a zip of the whole reorder directory, it is very strange as i think i didn´t change anything from your script, i hope you can fix it, because it is a very useful script.

Thanks

Edit 1. I tried your script (without modifying anything) in the internal memory and the result is the same, nothing happens and the logerror file is the same as in the cf that is in the zip.

Edit 2. I did notice that the size of the file "original_order" is 0 kb. Maybe is normal that i don´t know.
Attached Files
File Type: rar reorder.rar (4.3 KB, 259 views)

Last edited by templario; 04-16-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Advert
Old 04-17-2007, 03:53 AM   #36
mtas
Enthusiast

Quote:
Here i attach a zip of the whole reorder directory, it is very strange as i think i didn´t change anything from your script, i hope you can fix it, because it is a very useful script.

Thanks

Edit 1. I tried your script (without modifying anything) in the internal memory and the result is the same, nothing happens and the logerror file is the same as in the cf that is in the zip.

Edit 2. I did notice that the size of the file "original_order" is 0 kb. Maybe is normal that i don´t know.
This is really odd, the only thing I can think of is that the language variable LANG is not set correctly in the script. Also, the trailing r on each line should not be there.

Enclosed is a new version of the script with some extra error logging, could you please run this one and let me know what the result is?
Attached Files
File Type: zip reorder.zip (4.5 KB, 295 views)
Old 04-17-2007, 05:59 AM   #37
templario
Connoisseur

I run the script and still is not working. This time i only could try from the usb key. Here it is the whole reorder directory with the error logging.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip reorder.zip (4.8 KB, 280 views)

Last edited by templario; 04-17-2007 at 06:04 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:22 AM   #38
templario
Connoisseur

I think i found what the problem was, after some time i realised i had running other script (lind_docs_button_2_cf), which i used to link the docs button to the docs folder in the cf card, so i restored the script in tried the reorder one and this time it worked. So there must be any kind of conflict between those two scrips.
I´m sorry if this caused you (mtas) any lose of time and hope at least this could help to find out a little bit about posible problems.

Thanks for taking the time to worry about "my problem".
Old 04-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #39
mtas
Enthusiast

Quote:
I think i found what the problem was, after some time i realised i had running other script (lind_docs_button_2_cf), which i used to link the docs button to the docs folder in the cf card, so i restored the script in tried the reorder one and this time it worked. So there must be any kind of conflict between those two scrips.
I´m sorry if this caused you (mtas) any lose of time and hope at least this could help to find out a little bit about posible problems.

Thanks for taking the time to worry about "my problem".
I'm glad that you managed to get it working. Regarding any eventual loss of time on my side, that's no issue.

I should rather thank you for this since this problem have highlighted a bug in my script. I'll install the re-mapping of the docs button myself and see what must be done to fix this problem.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:43 AM   #40
wagnerian
Musicology Student
wagnerian began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Zaurus C1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica View Post
Of course X-D.

Attached is an upgraded package, with more scripts:
newsbutton2cf.sh for connecting the news button to the compact flash slot
newsbutton2cf.sh for connecting the news button to the SD/MMC slot
newsbutton2usb.sh for connecting the news button to the USB-stick port
newsbutton2newspapers.sh to restore the original connection to the newspapers folder

Hope that covers all the needed functionality. I would never though that a two-line script would be so gladly received
These scripts are not compatible with OS 2.10.
The /opt/content/ directory does not exist any more.
wagnerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #41
wagnerian
Musicology Student
wagnerian began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Zaurus C1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnerian View Post
These scripts are not compatible with OS 2.10.
The /opt/content/ directory does not exist any more.
I've succeeded to change the button shortcuts under OS 2.10 by modifying the er_registry.txt file.
Don't try this risky thing if you don't know how to enable ssh connection to your iLiad.

Code:
[BOOKS_CATEGORY]
locationArray=/var/recentdocuments;
searchType=or
searchRecursive=false
searchStringArray=;
searchFieldArray=;
sortFieldType=fsname
sortAscending=false
[NEWSPAPERS_CATEGORY]
locationArray=/mnt/cf;
searchType=or
searchRecursive=false
searchStringArray=;
searchFieldArray=;
sortFieldType=fsname
sortAscending=true
[DOCUMENTS_CATEGORY]
locationArray=/mnt/cf/Programs;
searchType=or
searchRecursive=false
searchStringArray=;
searchFieldArray=;
sortFieldType=fsname
sortAscending=true
wagnerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #42
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtas View Post
Well, it's not a 2-liner but in this zip file there is two scripts that can be used for reorganising the listing in Device Manager.

Unzip the file, copy the directory reorganise_main_menu to the iLiad and select Reorganise Main Menu in the Content Lister. This will change the order of the entries in Device Manager from Setup, Profiles, Reference, Recent Docs, CF, MMC, USB, Main Memory to Recent Docs, CF, Main Memory, MMC, USB, Reference, Setup ,Profiles.

To restore to the original order select Restore Original Main Menu in the Content Lister.
Will this still work on 2.10?

Edit: apparently so

Last edited by realityloop; 06-14-2007 at 01:04 AM.
realityloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:00 AM   #43
dreadengineer
dreadengineer began at the beginning.

Wagnerian's shortcut key method above basically works for version 2.12 also; the change is that er_registry.txt has a different name; it's now /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml

For example, I edited the location entry below to make the Docs button go to /mnt/cf rather than the default.

Code:
        <category type="DOCUMENTS">
            <location>/mnt/cf</location>
            <sort>
                <field>FSNAME</field>
                <ascending>true</ascending>
            </sort>
        </category>
You have to restart the Iliad for the change to take effect. Probably the easiest way to edit the registry.xml file is to use mrxvt to copy it to a user-accessible place, edit it on your PC, and use mrxvt to copy it back.
dreadengineer is offline   Reply With Quote