Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2014, 09:37 AM   #3361
Blaatann
Blaatann began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3g
Has anyone gotten Jailbreak 0.12.N to work on Kindle Keyboard 3G with Kindle version 3.4 installed? I just get the update screen with an empty load-bar which never does anything. Have to restart device (hold power 15 sec) to return to home screen, sans jailbreak..
Blaatann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #3362
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The current attachment shows 5,500+ downloads.
So it is very likely that it works.

Tell us exactly what you are doing, which of the jailbreaks in the package you are trying to use.

Also report your battery condition and charge indications.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #3363
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Especially since hangs at that point usually point to otaup falling on its ass, or a free space issue.

Do try again, and check the logs (Enter ;dumpMessages in the Homescreen's Searchbar).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #3364
tees42
tees42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi

This is my first visit.

My problem is that I have a Kindle 3 (3,4) onto which I don't seem to be able to jailbreak (more used to calling this root). I try to do the update as per the instructions but after the progress bar has moved a small amount I get the message "your update was unsuccessful" with error U007. The Kindle then restarts.

I dumped messages but they don't seem to help. Mind you, I didn't know what I was looking for!

I have also had this experience trying to uninstall jailbreak (unfortunately I don't know which version I used originally), trying to install Kual (which I should be able to do if the machine is rooted), trying to install DuoKan (which doesn't require JB so if it isn't installed it should work), in fact doing almost anything.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm getting very frustrated so I hope you can help.
tees42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #3365
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@tees42: Yeah, your Kindle most likely was jailbroken at one point, and you still have a trace of something messing things up; or it was messed with very stupidly at one point.

Without knowing what you did with it, that might take a while. If you're desperate for a quick-fix, Kubrick might do the trick.
Advert
Old 08-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #3366
tees42

Fantasticly fast reply!

I give it a try. Presumably I need to back up my data first?
Old 08-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #3367
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@tees42: Definitely, yes .
Old 08-10-2014, 12:47 AM   #3368
bminata
Connoisseur
bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KPW, KFHD, K3, K2, iPad
I got the "The ScreenSavers Hack has been successfully installed!" after I installed the cover SS hack on my K3, but it never shows the last book cover or other pictures. All I got was the "screen saver hack has been installed" screen. Am I missing some steps here? Help! :O
bminata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #3369
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@bminata: Yes, you're not in cover mode. I'd suggest doing the config through the KUAL extension .
Old 08-10-2014, 05:26 PM   #3370
tees42

@NiLuJe Got it to work but it took 2hrs 45 minutes to flash (what is the slow version of flash?). Installs with JB but I don't know which version. Now allows me to install KUAL but not DuoKan. Thanks for your help with this. I'm just playing with usbnetwork to see if I can unstall a version that does not ask for passwords.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #3371
tees42

Can anyone tell me the latest version of usbnetwork for Kindle 3.4 and, if so, will they please do so? Mine is 0.54.N but does not allow me to ssh to Kindle3 without root password. I don't know it. I've tried John the Ripper and he doesn't know it either!

Thanks in anticipation.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #3372
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@tees42: Yes it does, unless you tweaked the config beforehand. Over USB, with the default config, no password is required, just enter. Barring that, telnet is straight-to-root.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #3373
tees42

Oh dear.

1 I had some version of usbnet installed. I copied the update file from 0.54.N
and updated successfully. I took this to mean that I now had 0.54.N installed.

2 I fired up usbnet and did the sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.1 bit and then ssh 192.168.2.2. After being politely welcomed to Kindle I was asked for the password. Pressing Enter gave me Wrong!! Try again message so it seems to need a real password.

3 It would appear that assuming 1 above made an ass of me and me

Do you have any ideas how to proceed from here?
Old 08-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #3374
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@tees42: Delete the usbnet directory manually and reinstall USBNet, that should clear things up .
Old 08-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #3375
tees42

@NiLuJe: I'm going to go to bed now and try to pretend that today did not happen. When I wake up I hope to find it is Sunsay morning and that when I press the Enter key it lets me in as root on my Kindle. Is there any way to see which version of usbnet is installed?

You will have guessed that it didn't make any difference.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet