Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Retirement party for Slayda!

woo hoo! Slayda has joined the ranks of the gainfully unemployed! Good on ya, mate!

That calls for a party!

I'll bring the deep fried cheese curds and beer!

Oh, and this. Because every party needs live entertainment.

For those of us who still have to drudge for a living there is this.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
congratulations slayda !!

(*sob*... me so jealous !)

whatever you do, don't tell us about thejoys of being retired, or i may have to push my doomsday button, and you wouldn't want THAT.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
congratulations slayda !!

(*sob*... me so jealous !)

whatever you do, don't tell us about thejoys of being retired, or i may have to push my doomsday button, and you wouldn't want THAT.
congratulations, join the ever increasing grey brigade....

p.s. what ever you do, DO NOT PRESS the RED BUTTON....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Now where do we get the pole for the dancers?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
they're only available in may...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
pshrynk should have some nice big bamboo sticks around somewhere ... a little metalic paint (I know soooo much about paint these days) ... and we are good to go!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Before y'all get too gungho, I still have 17 more days that I have to go in to my work place. (I very carefully did not say "go in to work".)

As for as getting a pole, maybe in Poland!

Or as far as that goes I would volunteer to be a surrogate.

Just make sure Marc cages the gibbon and ZP keeps the shums away.

And remember what I tell those at work who say how lucky I am - "All it takes is being old."
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Before y'all get too gungho, I still have 17 more days that I have to go in to my work place. (I very carefully did not say "go in to work".)

As for as getting a pole, maybe in Poland!

Or as far as that goes I would volunteer to be a surrogate.

Just make sure Marc cages the gibbon and ZP keeps the shums away.

And remember what I tell those at work who say how lucky I am - "All it takes is being old."
Takes more than that, kiddo. Some of us will be working until were 105 or until we die (whichever comes first).
Old 08-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #9
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Takes more than that, kiddo. Some of us will be working until were 105 or until we die (whichever comes first).
And some will not be old at 105. Several years ago my "then" boss asked me when I planned to retire. Since our retirement is related to our "high three" pay, I said when my high three was for a level just above where I currently was or when I died. His response was to say, "How you feeling?"
Old 08-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The part slayda is not telling us is that once retired he will be spending a week or more with each of us. He will stay until we agree to pay his (and how ever many of his family are with him at the time) transportation to the next member's place.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
And some will not be old at 105. Several years ago my "then" boss asked me when I planned to retire. Since our retirement is related to our "high three" pay, I said when my high three was for a level just above where I currently was or when I died. His response was to say, "How you feeling?"
Love that .... very funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
The part slayda is not telling us is that once retired he will be spending a week or more with each of us. He will stay until we agree to pay his (and how ever many of his family are with him at the time) transportation to the next member's place.
Hey, my bro Slayda can come visit me anytime he wants. Of course, he will have to fight the cats for the few bits of useable space left in the house, and he will have to help me with painting and ditch digging ... but other than that??
Old 08-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #12
slayda
Retired & reading more!

Quote:
Love that .... very funny!!

Hey, my bro Slayda can come visit me anytime he wants. Of course, he will have to fight the cats for the few bits of useable space left in the house, and he will have to help me with painting and ditch digging ... but other than that??
I can fight cats (probably I'll lose), I can smear paint (mostly on myself), but I will not try to dig in that "concrete hard" dirt. Been there, done that, won't try again. But I will fetch & tote for you while you dig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T-shirt.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	15089  

Last edited by slayda; 08-10-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
I can fight cats (probably I'll lose), I can smear paint (mostly on myself), but I will not try to dig in that "concrete hard" dirt. Been there, done that, won't try again. But I will fetch & tote for you while you dig.
Works for me .... so, when should I have the guest room ready?? You can hold the parasol over me and pass me cold lemonade while I dig.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
slayda
Retired & reading more!

Quote:
Works for me .... so, when should I have the guest room ready?? You can hold the parasol over me and pass me cold lemonade while I dig.
Hey, I thought I'd have to fight the cats for the guest room. After the fight I could give Harry a run for his money as a writer. I could use the Pen Name - Claude Balls.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Hey, I thought I'd have to fight the cats for the guest room. After the fight I could give Harry a run for his money as a writer. I could use the Pen Name - Claude Balls.
Ohhhh .... nononono .... the guest room is stictly off limits to the cats. They are never allowed in there ... not ever (unless I have a guest who thinks it's actually a good idea to let them in .....).

Guest room and two bathrooms upstairs, also the library and media room. Sadly, no way to keep the cats out of the media room ... so right now, it is one gigantic hairball. I do need to clean up there ... and soon!!

Guest room has nice four poster full bed, and a clawfoot tub in the bathroom. Also, a nice TV and DVD player. Movies are kept in the media room ... natch. I've got a networked internet connection up there ... (there is wifi too ... but the network cable is there if you need it), and bring your bathing suit and walking shoes (but watch out for the snakes).