Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
HelenMac
HelenMac began at the beginning.

Device: ipad and samsung tablet
adobe id help needed

I am vision impaired and the only way I can read is with adobe epub books . I have adobe digital editions on my computer and blue fire reader on my ipad which is great for reading epub books. On my tablet I found a samsung programe to use but it won't let me activate says my adobe id has too many devices activated.
I did adobe chat and they sent me here. I did deauthorise my lap top which hubby now uses as I can't read on it anymore. But still won't let me activate. Can anyone me please. I'm desperate.
HelenMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Try deactivating another device.

Quote:
What is the maximum number of computers and devices that I can activate?

You can activate up to six computers and devices. If you reach the limit, contact Customer Service to reset your activations.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
HelenMac

I need the computer activated to get the books from the library and need my ipad at home. Thats only 2 devices. I did deactivate my phone and old computer so feeling very confused. I contacted Customer services they sent me here.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Try deactivating another device.
Deactivating devices does nothing to free up activation's.

The only way I know of to get them reset is to contact Adobe. They have a contact thing on their website for Digital Editions, but it sounds like the OP already did that...
http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?...gital-editions

I don't know why Adobe support would send someone here for this issue unless these was a misunderstanding as to the problem somehow. We have a member here, Jim Lester, who used to work for Adobe and I think might have helped a few people, but IIRC he left Adobe to work for B&N.

The problem with Adobe Support and activation resets goes back to the beginning of ADE, it seems only certain people know what to do or something...
http://forums.adobe.com/message/2537178#2537178

Also IIRC multiple apps in iOS (for example BlueFire and OverDrive library app) count as multiple activations too.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 04-23-2013 at 09:32 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenMac View Post
I did deauthorise my lap top which hubby now uses as I can't read on it anymore. But still won't let me activate. Can anyone me please. I'm desperate.
As AnemicOak says, deactivating devices won't help.

Any Adobe ID can only have a limited number of activations. Deauthorisations do not increase this number. Only Adobe can reset this count to allow more activations on that Adobe ID.

Or you could just strip the DRM and avoid all this hassle with activations. Perhaps you or your hubby should google for Apprentice Alf.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Deactivating devices does nothing to free up activation's.

The only way I know of to get them reset is to contact Adobe.
Thanks; I didn't know that. Gotta say that it's a rather stupid way of handling this issue.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
HelenMac

I finally managed to get some help from adobe and they reset my id. Thank goodness can read my books again now what a relief. It seems it all came about by me trying to find a epub book reader to use on my tablet. I used them all up trying to find an app to use on my tablet. All sorted now.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
As AnemicOak says, deactivating devices won't help.

Any Adobe ID can only have a limited number of activations. Deauthorisations do not increase this number. Only Adobe can reset this count to allow more activations on that Adobe ID.
I didn't know this. I can't began to tell you how many times I had to authorize my PC more than six times but maybe they can tell it's the same PC each time? I don't know. I had 4 hard drive crashes and then remember registry cleaner program kept deactivating me. It's probably 15 or so times now in last couple of years.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I didn't know this. I can't began to tell you how many times I had to authorize my PC more than six times but maybe they can tell it's the same PC each time? I don't know. I had 4 hard drive crashes and then remember registry cleaner program kept deactivating me. It's probably 15 or so times now in last couple of years.
They do add new activations over time to account for old devices and such, but I don't know the exact timeline/process. When starting out you get 6 computer activations and 6 device activations.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
They do add new activations over time to account for old devices and such, but I don't know the exact timeline/process. When starting out you get 6 computer activations and 6 device activations.
I've had this ID since 2009 so I have no clue but I've deactivated many times thinking it helped before reinstalling everything. Same PC though just different hard drives.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote