Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
sjheiss
Connoisseur
sjheiss began at the beginning.

Device: K3G, KF2
Kindle Fire 2 technical documentation?

I am interested in reading the docs about the technology used in the second Kindle Fire, but I can't find it anywhere. Is there any documentation, or am I just looking in the wrong places?

I am interested in attempting to write a driver for using the Kindle Fire's screen for use with the Raspberry Pi. I know I know absolutely nothing about driver writing, but I have to start somewhere...

Thank you if you can help me.

Last edited by sjheiss; 01-19-2013 at 10:45 PM.
sjheiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
EDIT: The Kindle Developer's Corner forum where you posted this is dedicated to eink Kindles.

This thread belongs in the kindle fire forum. You will find more information and assistance with kindle fire 2 development in the kindle fire 2 forum at xda-developers.com:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1789

Other general android development forums (not just kindle specific) may also be useful for you.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-19-2013 at 10:58 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
sjheiss
Connoisseur
sjheiss began at the beginning.

Device: K3G, KF2
Well, it won't let me make a new thread there since I don't have enough posts...
sjheiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I've moved this to the Kindle Fire Forum for you.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Deleted
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert