Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
sherbearjt08
Connoisseur
sherbearjt08 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Need Best Place to get Rooting Instructions and files (CM7 or CM9)

I have an old CM7 running on sdcard from June 2011. I bought a new 8GB card to install new files to so I can see if I get better performance. There are a lot of links to sites to do this.

What is the best current site that will link me to the most up to date file?

Should I use a version of CM7 or are some using CM9?

Please advise as I want to do this tonight. Thanks.
sherbearjt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I rooted my new NOOK Tablet last night with instructions/files from tabletroms.com. I suggest you search their web site.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbearjt08 View Post
I have an old CM7 running on sdcard from June 2011. I bought a new 8GB card to install new files to so I can see if I get better performance. There are a lot of links to sites to do this.

What is the best current site that will link me to the most up to date file?

Should I use a version of CM7 or are some using CM9?

Please advise as I want to do this tonight. Thanks.
I am using CM9 on my NC and although I really like it, it is far from finished. Battery life is nowhere near as good as on CM7, some apps won't run, it doesn't have hardware acceleration, ...

I would stick with CM7, at present CM9 is still too green for most people's uses.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
oppy
Connoisseur
oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook Color
Check out xda developers forums. A member here - Taosaur - has a nice tutorial also, just check out the sig in one of his posts. Good luck!
oppy is offline   Reply With Quote