Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
ljacq01
ljacq01 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Internet Problem

Hi, I have bought a PRS-T1 yesterday (and the uptade is realized), it's quite perfectly working if we expect a little problem: i'm connected to the home wifi, have access to Internet but after 2 minutes, my navigator doesn't respond. The double arrow (corresponding to loading pages) is blocked and i can't navigate anymore! Do you know a way to solve my problem, or do you know how to make a hard reset.

Thanks in advance
ljacq01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
ljacq01

All right, the reader works perfectly in other wifi networks, i just have a problem with my home network. I try to configure my router with only 802.11g and channel 6 but it still not working. Any idea?
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
mwerle
Micha
mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Glo
Wifi networking is almost a black art. There's so many manufacturers implementing the 'standards' that it's pretty tough to make everything interoperate perfectly. All it takes is one device to cut a corner in one direction and the other in the other direction and you get problems (remember, manufacturers are always out to cut their costs!).

If you're lucky all it'll take is a setting or firmware upgrade (*) to fix the issue, if you're unlucky it's a hardware limitation and short of replacing your router you're out of luck.

Someone -may- be able to assist if you give details of your wireless router (make, model, revision, firmware, settings) but I doubt it. Your best bet may be to raise this with Sony technical support (with all the details I already mentioned) as it's in their interest to ensure their products work on as wide a range of routers as possible. If it's a well-known and widely-used model router they'll want to investigate and fix this.

Cheers,
- Micha.

(*) Check whether or not your router has the latest firmware installed. Newer firmwares often fix glitches like this.
mwerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
ljacq01

Thanks for the response. My router is a Dlink dir-635 with the firmware 2.34EU (the latest). All the settings are these by default. I tried with a Dlink dir-615 and it was perfectly working. If someone has a idea ...
Old 12-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have an idea.. try going back a firmware version if possible. Maybe the latest has a bug that's causing the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2011, 05:31 AM   #6
mwerle
Micha
mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Glo
Another thing to try is to turn off "Wireless Standby" on your reader (which should be on by default). Some routers don't deal well with power-saving mechanisms. Make sure you turn this setting back on after your test, or turn off Wifi manually, otherwise it will drain your battery.

Since another model DLink works perfectly, have you tried setting up the 635 to exactly mimic the settings on the 615? You might also want to contact DLink customer support about this.

I'm guessing that other wireless network devices in your home are working fine with the 635?
mwerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #7
ljacq01

Yes, all the other devices are working with the 635. It was a good idea to pun off the wireless standby but it's not working. I also tried to put as much as possible the same paramaters as the 615 and the results are poors ...
I'm now definitively thinking that there's a hadware incompatibility between my router and my ebook which seems to be based on android 2.2.1. I saw on the net many problems with this android ...
Ill send a mail to Dlink, last hope