Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
hudsong
hudsong began at the beginning.

Device: Razr
LibPRS DMG Corrupted...

...and has been for about 4 weeks. I'm not about to blow $300 on a device I can't even use (I have a mac) and I'm not very keen on installing parallels or bootcamp simply for using an e-reader. I was looking into the Bookeen, but apparently its' PDF rendering is pretty much shit, and I'd rather go with a company that's been around like Sony.
Anyone else having problems even mounting the dmg?
The error I get is the typical "no mountable filesystems" one.
Thanks

Last edited by hudsong; 10-11-2007 at 03:58 PM.
hudsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I can't speak to the DMG issue, but the just released PRS-505 mounts as a USB mass storage device, so you can (if you want to) use it on a MacPuter without any 'puter side support software.

Just to throw that out there for your consideration.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Oh, yeah. I wouldn't recommend the Sony Readers for PDF use either — a 6" screen is only going to show an A4 PDF poorly (without some sort of serious processing) no matter who makes it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
hudsong, send a PM to kovidgoyal and mention the problem so he can sort it out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Oh, yeah. I wouldn't recommend the Sony Readers for PDF use either — a 6" screen is only going to show an A4 PDF poorly (without some sort of serious processing) no matter who makes it.
But at least we do have pdrlrf to help with the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #6
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsong View Post
...and has been for about 4 weeks. I'm not about to blow $300 on a device I can't even use (I have a mac) and I'm not very keen on installing parallels or bootcamp simply for using an e-reader. I was looking into the Bookeen, but apparently its' PDF rendering is pretty much shit, and I'd rather go with a company that's been around like Sony.
Anyone else having problems even mounting the dmg?
The error I get is the typical "no mountable filesystems" one.
Thanks
I just this moment downloaded the 0.4.8 version of Libprs500 from Kovid's web page on my MacOS 10.4.10 Laptop. No problems, it mounted fine, and the software on the disk image works fine. I used Safari. If you are having problems, I suggest you try doing a control-click on the link and choose "save linked file as..."

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:03 AM   #7
hudsong
hudsong began at the beginning.

Device: Razr
You guys are very helpful, and that's awesome that the prs505 connects as a normal device now, excellent.
I just realized that I'm being stupid and shouldn't use my browser of choice for the download (Shiira is finicky with DMGs about 10% of the time).
Thanks!!!
hudsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:07 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If PDF viewing is vital to you, you'd be a lot better off going with the iLiad. More expensive, but it'll do the job a whole lot better.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote