Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
lilpretender
Enthusiast
lilpretender began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Still having trouble

I am still having trouble converting html, or htm files to lrf. I keep on having a conversion error when I try to convert them. I have been saving them in txt form, but I don't like the look of them when they are converted to lrf. I like them much better when they are converted from html to lrf. Only some of the html, or htm documents are doing this and it is from one site and it's never done this before except for recently. The others are fine. I have even tried going back to the first folder that I've converted from html to lrf and it still does this which is weird because it had already been converted a long time ago and this is from the same website that is now having converstion problems from html to lrf and it's never done this before. I have lots and lots (About 204 folders)of folders some with about 50 html documents in them that I would have to redo and I don't have the time to redo them if I need to do that. How come it is doing this? I don't know why it is doing this especially with the conversion of html documents that have been already converted. Is there anyway to fix this?
lilpretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I would highly suggest cleaning the files with HTMLTidy prior to conversion. I believe there's a command line version so you can do the clean-up in batch mode. I'm not very handy with MS-DOS batch files, but I'm sure someone here should be able to help you create one where you can drag and drop HTML files to be cleaned.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert