Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur
DeathtoToasters began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Illiad, Sony 505
Question about converting prc (mobipocket) with libprs500..

I was wanting to test the conversion process when converting from prc to lib format for a sony reader, but I am confused about something.

Obviously the 'send to device' option is not highlighted considering I don't have a sony reader yet.

Well I loaded a prc book (non-drm) and started the job. It went and completed without any errors.

Now I didn't know where to find the completed product until I clicked on the hammer for the advanced options.

I see where the dir is now, but when I go there, all I see is a library file.

Where is the finished product that I would need to transfer to the sony reader?

Does the sony reader use a library database file vs an actual .lib file?

Thanks
DeathtoToasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't use the GUI for Libprs500. I prefer to do my conversions via the command line. But if it was me, I'd use search to try to find the file. You can search for *.lrf and you should find it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't use the GUI for Libprs500. I prefer to do my conversions via the command line. But if it was me, I'd use search to try to find the file. You can search for *.lrf and you should find it.
Well it would be nice if I actually pushed the 'save to disk' button.

LOL
Old 05-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OOPS!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur

Quote:
OOPS!
I was just testing your knowledge! I am very upset that you didn't know that!

Advert
Old 05-01-2008, 09:19 PM   #6
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur

Ok, now I got the books converted, all the chapters are in one large paragraph. Any idea how I keep the formatting?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Last Mobipocket eBook I tried to convert had rhe same problem. What I did was convert the PRC to HTML using mobihuff, pulled out the graphics using mobi2html and formatted it using Book Designer. It needed mobihuff because it was huffdic compressed and mobi2html is able to pull out the graphics even though it cannot conver a huffdic compressed eBook to html.

I'm finding that mobi2lrf does have issues. What you can do is go to the Libprs500 website and put in a ticket. But also attach that eBook in Mobipocket format that has the problem.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Kovid has mentioned that the one larger paragraph issue with prc's will be fixed in the next version.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #9
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
What I did was convert the PRC to HTML using mobihuff, pulled out the graphics using mobi2html and formatted it using Book Designer.
I use mobi2oeb, part of libprs500, because it extracts both the HTML and the images. I have not found its .opf file to be very useful though.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote