Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #31
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
are there any "structural" changes with respect to your previous version?
There is only one new thing. The tool can try to fix those highlights/annotations in kepub.epubs that are recorded in the database (and listed in the annotation list) but do not appear as marked in the text. There is however a drawback: The fixed highlights/annotations may not any longer be listed under the correct chapter headings. The sequence however will remain intact.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #32
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
There is only one new thing. The tool can try to fix those highlights/annotations in kepub.epubs that are recorded in the database (and listed in the annotation list) but do not appear as marked in the text. There is however a drawback: The fixed highlights/annotations may not any longer be listed under the correct chapter headings. The sequence however will remain intact.
ah, great, thanks for the clarification!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #33
pakoe
pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo mini
Quote:
Some time ago, I started writing a windows tool for extracting annotations and highlights from the database (cf. this post).
I am using the following annotations extractor:
Code:
C:\Programme\sqlite3.exe "E:\.kobo\KoboReader.sqlite" "select (case when datecreated=maxdate then ('<b><i><u>' || replace(volumeid,'file:///mnt/onboard/','') || '</u></i></b><br />' || char(10)) else '' end), datecreated, text, annotation, '<br />' from ( select *, (select max(datecreated) from bookmark where volumeid=bm.volumeid and (text<>'' or annotation<>'')) maxdate from bookmark bm where (text<>'' or annotation<>'') order by maxdate desc, volumeid, datecreated desc )" > "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\user\Desktop\annot.html"
pause
I can edit the resulting annot.html and write the changes back to KoboReader.sqlite by another script, which however is written in AutoHotkey. I don't like the XML annotation files and prevent them from being created by one write protected file.
pakoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:24 AM   #34
Gergely
Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Some time ago, I started writing a windows tool for extracting annotations and highlights from the database (cf. this post). Since I learned later that annotations are also available in xml files I did not continue this project. The tool is therefore in a raw state, but working. Feel free to use it at your own risk.
Edit: new version uploaded (22.03.2013)
Edit: new version uploaded (27.05.2013)
"Since I learned later that annotations are also available in xml files I did not continue this project."

Where are these xml files in a Kobo Aura device and how can I process them with python?
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:25 PM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergely View Post
"Since I learned later that annotations are also available in xml files I did not continue this project."

Where are these xml files in a Kobo Aura device and how can I process them with python?
They are in "Digitial Editions/Annotations". There will be one file for each epub and PDF in the main memory of the device that is has been opened. The file type is .annot.

This file is maintained by the Adobe RMSDK library as annotations are made. It is also used by other ADE and other RMSDK readers. I have, as an experiment, copied the file between a Kobo device and ADE with a couple of modifications (mainly in ids). This let me see the annotations from one system in the other.

For the Kobo device, these files are sort of useful, but they have problems. One of them is that they are only changed when reading a book. If you open the annotations list from the library list on the device, and edit an annotation it will update the database, but not the file. When the book is opened, the annotations in the file are merged with those in the database and the database is updated. They get written back the the file at some point. I've never looked at exactly when that happens, but at the latest it will be when an annotation is updated or added while reading.

As you are interested in annotations, they have been discussed here plenty of times. I'd suggest some more searching as the points above, and where these files are, has been discussed. I do tend to get involved in the discussions, so a search for posts by me with "annotation" in them will probably find most threads.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2018, 02:18 AM   #36
Gergely
Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks, davidfor.
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:12 PM   #37
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
@tshering, thank you for KT Annotation Extractor! I realize it hasn't been updated for a while, but I'm wondering if you can shed some light on this error message:

Listenindex überschreitet das Maximum (143)

That's German for "List index exceeds the maximum (143)," but is the index too many books in my sqlite database, or two many highlights in a given book? Many thanks!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:20 PM   #38
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
@tshering, thank you for KT Annotation Extractor! I realize it hasn't been updated for a while, but I'm wondering if you can shed some light on this error message:

Listenindex überschreitet das Maximum (143)

That's German for "List index exceeds the maximum (143)," but is the index too many books in my sqlite database, or two many highlights in a given book? Many thanks!
Thank you for telling. I just tried it myself. The error occurs when I try to extract the notes of the very last book in the authors list. I can still extract the notes from the same book, when I access it from the book titles list or the file names list. I think this should work for you too (until I have fixed this bug).
Strangely, this bug seems only to occur with those of my databases that were created in 2018, but does not occur with older ones. I will look into it!

Edit: I think I fixed it. Please find it here.

Last edited by tshering; 07-01-2018 at 06:07 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote