Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #1
murphycc
murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Regular Expression: does not replace with spaces

Since the 'remove spacing between paragraphs' conversion option is not working for a particular book I'm converting, I wanted to use a regular expression like this:

(search field):
\.<br/><br/>

(replace field):
.<br/> <-- 5 spaces after last break (they only appear as one in this post)

It works in that the extra line is removed. If I replace the 5 spaces with characters, it works. Using '\ ' does not work either. I tried inserting a tab by using \t but that did not work either.

Anyone know why my spaces are not appearing in the converted output? Or, do you know why the 'remove spacing between paragraphs' option is not working?

Thanks,
Chris
murphycc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
In HTML spaces at the point you mention would be ignored for display purposes. You would have to make them non-breaking spaces for them to have any effect on the output.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
murphycc
murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Thanks for the info.

But what would I enter into the 'replace' field within calibre? How do I make them non-breaking? How would I add the spaces after this statement:

\.<br/> <-- how do I tell calibre I want the 5 spaces or, as alternative, a tab at this point?

-Chris
murphycc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphycc View Post
Thanks for the info.

But what would I enter into the 'replace' field within calibre? How do I make them non-breaking? How would I add the spaces after this statement:

\.<br/> <-- how do I tell calibre I want the 5 spaces or, as alternative, a tab at this point?

-Chris
Code:
&nbsp; 5 times :)

But it really sounds like you should be editing the source and using a separate class (indent) or blockquote for that paragraph

Sigil is an editor
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote