Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
nosfuerato
nosfuerato began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Problems Converting files using libprs500

Hi - I'm new to this forum and to the ebook community in general so I apologize if my question has already been answered or if I should know the answer already.

I just bought a PRS-505 and I'm trying to convert the ebooks I already had in various formats (lit, rtf, txt, html, etc) into lrf. I've been using libprs500 and, while the interface is very user friendly, I'm having issues getting the program to run correctly. Usually, when I first run the program, the first book converts fine but when I try to convert a second, I get the generic windows error saying "libprs500.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". I'm using the most recent version of libprs500, .27. I've uninstalled the driver for the sony software as the installation instructions suggested.

Can anybody show me what I'm doing wrong here?
nosfuerato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:00 AM   #2
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Your not doing anything wrong! unfortunately its a bug in the program at the moment. A ticket has already been created to get it fixed.

I believe it happens when you do a second html book! try rotating between file types for now if you can.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
dgallina
dgallina began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
kovidgoyal notes that he has closed this bug in SVN. I'll wait until there's another public point release and try it out.

Thx, Diego
dgallina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:33 AM   #4
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Im still getting this problem in 0.4.30, so doesnt seem to have been fixed, I'll raise a ticket.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote