Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2007, 03:47 PM   #166
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just called Sony Rewards and was told there was no reader on the site today and it could be a few weeks. The person said sometime the first week of November to mid-November and that it would be the new model.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #167
crashnet
crashnet began at the beginning.

Device: 505
both PRS500 and PRS505 can be added to cart as of right now, but the discount only shows up for PRS500
crashnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #168
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnet View Post
both PRS500 and PRS505 can be added to cart as of right now, but the discount only shows up for PRS500
I see the silver 505, but I do not see the 500 showing up.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:06 PM   #169
crashnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I see the silver 505, but I do not see the 500 showing up.
just bought a 500 for $56 and change. the silver 505 shows up but it says out of stock....
Old 10-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #170
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I wonder how long until the order is canceled?
Advert
Old 10-17-2007, 12:22 AM   #171
crashnet

just got a "Order Confirmation" email. anyone gotten to this stage before?
Old 10-17-2007, 01:21 AM   #172
finik
finik began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnet View Post
just got a "Order Confirmation" email. anyone gotten to this stage before?
Doesn't it seem strange to you guys, that some people see the 500 on the site, while others (the ones who already went through ordering/cancelation phase) do not see it. Looks like some kind of dirty game on their side. With each day that passes I personally lose hope of getting anything from them. I'm tired of weekly phone calls and daily website visits. With this kind of "selective display of items" they can keep us forever / until january 2008 / until we give up / or until 90/180 retention period passes, so they can their bonus from Chase for signing us up and not care if we cancel the cards.
finik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #173
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast
Evi1d33d began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-505
It's out of stock again, you just have to wait for it to be instock again. Hopefully only 505 this time
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #174
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I can order a 500 now or I can wait for a 505 and pay $20 more. But if I wait, I'll have no ETA when it will be in stock. So I think I'll go for the 500 since it's a gift anyway.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:15 AM   #175
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

If you've placed an order the last time, you'll see the price is the full price this time. Call them and get it sorted. The system still has the previous order and thinks you are not eligible when you are. I just called and it will be sorted.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:16 PM   #176
finik
finik began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500
Quote:
If you've placed an order the last time, you'll see the price is the full price this time. Call them and get it sorted. The system still has the previous order and thinks you are not eligible when you are. I just called and it will be sorted.
I just called, and I was told they have the 500 in stock, however the system doesn't give me the discounted price since I already ordered once. So I was instructed to try again early next week, after the corporate fixes the coupon issue in the system. Strangely enough the 500 reader is placed in the Gospel Music section, on page 9. I suggested I order it now for the full price and they will fix the price manually, but she said she can't do it, and I should try next week.

Is it the same answer and instructions you got?
finik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #177
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast
Evi1d33d began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-505
Quote:
I can order a 500 now or I can wait for a 505 and pay $20 more. But if I wait, I'll have no ETA when it will be in stock. So I think I'll go for the 500 since it's a gift anyway.
So it just gives you a $230 discount on any reader?
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:18 PM   #178
jdsmass
jdsmass began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
My call to Sony customer service

Last night I was able to select a 505 from the Rewards site and add to my cart. Unfortunately, the special price was not recognized on checkout.

I just called Sony customer service and explained the problem. The service rep
asked for my Sony card number and confirmed my account.

She then directed me to the Rewards music site under "Gospel" (page 9) and said I would be prompted through checkout with the correct special price.

The Reader was the 500, but I checked out with no problem and now my daughter has a neat e-reader for $58.

Thanks for all the helpful information.
jdsmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #179
Mihail
Mihail began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
I placed the order about 2 weeks ago and of course it was cancelled. I just called them and they told they would call me in a week because their corporate office has to correct the "error" or "glitch" manually.

I asked what if the readers will be out of stock again, and the guy told me they should have enough of them. I don't know how much I should trust sonyreawrds though.

It's interesting that you see PRS500 only if you log in. If you don't it does not show up, and if you do the search for "reader" without logging in you'll only get covers and stuff from reader's Digest.
Mihail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #180
joedreamer
joedreamer began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
I just called them and they said they will have to escalate the problem and that they will fix the price problem in a few weeks. I don't know anymore! I really want this and they are not keeping their end of the deal. Every week is the same story...not in stock...now is in stock and is the wrong price...they should at least offer the $230 credit..
joedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote