Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 05:31 AM   #76
A_J_Lath
Zealot
A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Computer
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonize View Post
Well technically everyones on a diet as the word diet just refers to what you eat. As to weight loss diets no I'm not on one and never have been. I'm lucky enough to have a fast metabolism so have always just eaten what I want.

Well that and I go running for around 20 minutes every other day and work out as well but then I'm in a job where you have to maintain a level of fitness.
It's probably the regular exercise that gives the fast metabolism; since I started jogging 8 months ago, the weight just fell off me - and that was with a minimal change in my eating habits too. I'd venture that regular exercise is the most important part if one wants to lose weight; even more so than reducing one's calorific intake.

(though I will say that regular jogging doesn't half make me crave carbs! 3 and a half miles last night; near the end I was thirsting for noodles and pasta as much as I would a cool drink.)
A_J_Lath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #77
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_J_Lath View Post
I'd venture that regular exercise is the most important part if one wants to lose weight; even more so than reducing one's calorific intake.
Word to word what I say to my dear half when she contemplates starving herself.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:15 AM   #78
carbonize
Connoisseur
carbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony PRS-600
I only took up running about two years ago, I've just always been the energetic, eat what I want and get away with it type.

You crave carbs because that's your bodies main source of calories and is used to replace what the body takes from the muscles. It's one of the reasons the Atkins diet works even if it does make you aggressive.

Your daily calorific intake usually falls somewhere between 2000 and 3000 a day so if you want to lose weight you need to reduce your calories to just below this and start exercising. The weight should drop off and then once it does you raise your calories back up to the recommended amount.
carbonize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #79
A_J_Lath
Zealot
A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Computer
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Word to word what I say to my dear half when she contemplates starving herself.
Well, if I were in your position, I'd recommend jogging to her: it's hard going to start with (especially if one was a bit fat, like me!) but there's no shame in stopping for a breather now and then. Once the endorphins start flooding in, and you feel so nice and relaxed after a run (if a bit achey sometimes), you start getting addicted to it. Soon enough, you'll be able to pound out a good couple of miles without stopping. You feel a hell of a lot healthier, a hell of a lot fitter (I can again touch my toes while keeping my legs straight - something I've not been able to do since my 20s!), and instead of getting skinny, you get a pair of nicely toned legs and an ass like mahogany (firm as, I mean - not red like a monkey's or anything) Nowadays, nice ladies will give me their telephone numbers without me having to beg! Try playing up the physical appearance benefits to her - I can guarantee them, being a former chubby-chops myself!
A_J_Lath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #80
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
My wife and I changed our eating habits 10 weeks ago which has so far consistently reduced our weights by 2 lbs per week. Like everything else, I'm more interested in concentrating on the daily process and not so much the resulting progress. The latter will follow the former. We're big and old and can't continue to eat all the junk we've eaten all our lives. Our biggest issue right now is getting in the exercise time. I find a couple hours a day of vigorous exercise is trivial to accomplish on weekends but even 20 minutes a day seems nearly impossible during the work week. We need more than that daily but getting there is proving difficult. Exercising while sleeping, working, driving, or eating would be ideal. Are there other minutes in a day??
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #81
carbonize
Connoisseur
carbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony PRS-600
20 minutes is better than nothing and should be more than enough. 30 minutes would be better according to all the stuff the government bombards us with but some is better than none.
carbonize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #82
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
My wife and I changed our eating habits 10 weeks ago which has so far consistently reduced our weights by 2 lbs per week.(1)Like everything else, I'm more interested in concentrating on the daily process and not so much the resulting progress. The latter will follow the former. We're big and old and can't continue to eat all the junk we've eaten all our lives. (2) Our biggest issue right now is getting in the exercise time. I find a couple hours a day of vigorous exercise is trivial to accomplish on weekends but even 20 minutes a day seems nearly impossible during the work week. We need more than that daily but getting there is proving difficult. Exercising while sleeping, working, driving, or eating would be ideal. Are there other minutes in a day??
(1) That's very good, a part from the fact that I do not believe one single word of what you write.
(2) Bacon ?
(3) I was a close friend of a great basket champion. An Indiana guy that came to play in Italy. AHe taught me to go to a corner in the room, to stand with help of one or two hands agaist the wall and to kindly lift one knee and than the other one. It worked. I lost.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #83
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
(1) That's very good, a part from the fact that I do not believe one single word of what you write.
That's perfectly understandable, beppe. I don't believe me either. Bacon? Yes, please!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:55 AM   #84
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:57 AM   #85
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Oh Man! some folks are really fucked up!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:58 AM   #86
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder when she goes into heat?
Old 06-14-2010, 01:03 AM   #87
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I wonder when she goes into heat?
stop sniffing!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:28 AM   #88
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
There's only one way to stop him now!

Happy_terd, picture Rodney Dangerfield in a thong, giving you a lap dance.
Shaking his moobies in your face while your hands caress his sweaty buttflaps.......
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:33 AM   #89
happy_terd
Banned

I'll pass

Old 06-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #90
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Really?
Rodney seems to like the idea!

Poor guy. No respect!
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote