Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #61
paralleluniverse
Enthusiast
paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
If I install this, is there anyway to uninstall it? And what happens when the multitask features is released properly?
paralleluniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #62
gettix
gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I think that if a new firmware with multitasking will be released you can just install it as usual.
Why? - Because I think new firmware releases just flash the whole system and therefore overwrite everything... I don't know exactly how the update procedure works internally, but at least new files have to replace old files and so a new multitasking feature in an upcoming firmware will replace this one (except that the new one is implemented completely different)

And if my hypothesis that just the whole system is flashed is correct, you can uninstall the multitasking feature by reflashing one of those firmware releases that have no multitasking.

I mean, everything above is just an educated guess, but I really think you can install it without worrying.

Last edited by gettix; 05-25-2013 at 07:49 AM.
gettix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #63
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Re-flashing works for uninstalling the multitasker , I can confirm. I toyed a couple of times with different builds of firmware and it always uninstalled the multitasking utility.

Last edited by yayo; 05-25-2013 at 09:23 AM.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #64
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I tried downloading the multitasking app from your dropbox link in the first post, but the link seems to be broken. Can anyone confirm this, or is the problem on my end?
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #65
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
I have just tried it and the link worked for me. If you keep having problems, I could upload it to other site, if Booxtor if ok with that.
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #66
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Thanks, Ayla7! Due to your confirmation I tried on another computer and it worked. Looks like my work pc is blocked from downloading, but I got a 404 message so I didn't suspect this.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #67
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Hello Everyone,
I'd like to report a bug. Yayo found out this based on my problem:
When multitasking intalled, opening google's page and tapping on the search box, virtual keyboard does'nt appear. Without multitasking installed, this problem is not present.
szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #68
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
i confirm that bug for google-search with the vanished virtual keyboard and installed multitask manager.
therfore i use bing instead - the virtual keyboard works for bing but not for google-search.

Last edited by Dolansky; 06-04-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #69
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
I also use Bing now or DuckDuckGo.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #70
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
@ Booxtor.
And when will include this feature in the firmware for the M92 or I62HD?

@Booxtor.
А когда включат эту функцию в прошивку для М92 или I62HD?
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #71
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
@ Booxtor.
And when will include this feature in the firmware for the M92 or I62HD?

@Booxtor.
А когда включат эту функцию в прошивку для М92 или I62HD?
I am testing Acapela TTS now. As soon as tests are finished, we will create a new Firmware update and I think the multitasking will be also included in that update.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:05 AM   #72
Irratzo
Enthusiast
Irratzo began at the beginning.

Device: M96, Pocketbook 903
Does this work for Icarus Excel?

@Booxtor:

can this feature be used on the Icarus Excel as well? Is/are M92 software/tweaks generally applicable to the Excel as well? I own neither device, but want to know for purchasing considerations. Thanks!
Irratzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:33 AM   #73
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irratzo View Post
@Booxtor:
can this feature be used on the Icarus Excel as well? Is/are M92 software/tweaks generally applicable to the Excel as well? I own neither device, but want to know for purchasing considerations. Thanks!
If you are in Europe, why do you want buy an Icarus ?
Why don't buy the M92 directly ?

And ask to Booxtor (http://ereader-store.eu) if you can buy an other model than he support and sold, is strange.

Last edited by Randy11; 06-11-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #74
Irratzo
Enthusiast
Irratzo began at the beginning.

Device: M96, Pocketbook 903
@Randy11: Please forgive my ignorance in these matters. I was trying to find out in another thread what differences exist between the Excel and the M92 which might explain their difference in cost. Because of my lack of knowledge I failed to understand completely if the software run on both models differs in any way. I am truly sorry for having offended anyone with my questions.

Please excuse me for not having fully understoof that from your kind answer. But are you hinting that that the two models are not software-compatible. Please excuse my ignorant wording. I mean, if the firmware and its updates discussed in this forum are of no use to Icarus Excel users. Please rest assured that I don't want to promote the Excel with my questions, I am not affiliated with that company in any way. I just can't understand so far, that two seemingly identical devices are pitched on the European market (Icarus is based in the Netherlands, after all) for a different price. Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share this trivial common knowledge with me.
Irratzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #75
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
@Irratzo : There no difference between M92 and Icarus. The updates provides by Booxtor are usable with the both. The Icarus is a clone of M92.

If you haven't read all the threads about where to buy a device, an important point to consider is the quality of the support. The best support is given by Booxtor.

At this moment, the M92 from http://ereader-store.eu (Booxtor) is cheaper (with a cover) than the Icarus from http://www.icarusreader.com/excel .

The difference of price could have for origin the quantity of devices bought, the number of devices in the stock, etc.

Last edited by Randy11; 06-11-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote