Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
RotAnal
Connoisseur
RotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
[M92] set never in standby. But how long it lasts?

Dear users,
some time ago I read that one of the strongest pro of an e-book reader is its negligible power consumption once it has "printed" the page.
I also read that one may in principle let Onyx Boox M92 never go to standby/Poweroff. Is there anybody who has experienced how long a full charge lasts in such a mode? In fact it is rather annoying to setup format and annotation one more time every time one powers it on again.
Thanks in advance for a possible answer
RotAnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #2
Pooh_
Enthusiast
Pooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with others

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD, Onyx T68
I think that the difference between Standby and Poweroff is almost unnoticeable. So I almost never put it in Poweroff mode. After a Standby your settings will not be lost, so just try don't turn it OFF completely.
Pooh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:36 AM   #3
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotAnal View Post
I also read that one may in principle let Onyx Boox M92 never go to standby/Poweroff. Is there anybody who has experienced how long a full charge lasts in such a mode?
Someone makes this test using sometimes the WIFI for web browsing, but I can't remember where... From my memory it's 3.5 day = 84 hours without standby. Using the stylus consume more power.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
RotAnal
Connoisseur
RotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Someone makes this test using sometimes the WIFI for web browsing, but I can't remember where
Thanks for the answers. Actually I meant battery duration while only in standby
and with WiFi set off. I guess that it ought not to consume an appreciable power...
RotAnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #5
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I never measured it precisely, but from my experience it may stay in standby for many weeks.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote