Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #376
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
My wife got her code today and already has her books transferred. I got my code weeks ago and still nothing. The email response I got from B&N was a complete blowoff. Great customer service.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #377
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
After working all evening on this. It seems my Connie Mason books didn't transfer over. These are Dorchester books so that makes sense. It seems that one of my Debra Webb titles has been replaced with another Debra Webb title that I didn't buy. So I am missing that book. So 4 books out of 329 didn't make it and I gained a new book.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #378
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Interesting note: one of my books that transferred is marked as a preorder that will be available 1 January 2035.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:47 AM   #379
lfeuln
lfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: iPhone, Retina iPad Mini, Nook Simple Touch
No contact since the first email I finally got with the faulty link (but when I tried it again a couple days later it worked).

I have Nooks and want to keep supporting B&N because I want physical bookstores to continue. But this is pretty disappointing, though I know great companies like Google suck at e-commerce too.
lfeuln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:55 AM   #380
trekker99
Enthusiast
trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
I also received my quotes and all 66 books seemed to be transferred. I don't think I have any duplicates. The later dune books (The second Prelude trilogy onwards) no longer have drm while one of the Asimov books (Robot Visions) now have drm, even though it looks identical to the fictionwise drm-free version (the cover even says fictionwise).

I do have one corrupted book, whether I download through the PC app or web. The app refuses to view it and I couldn't "free" it for my sony reader. Once I finish cataloging the other books, I will try downloading it again, otherwise will try my luck with B&N support.
trekker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:06 AM   #381
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Just as an FYI, FictionWise says I've purchased 367 books, 251 show up on my bookshelf, and 348 appear in my Nook account, many without covers.
Make sure that you don't have any filters on your Fictionwise bookshelf. It defaults to "unfiled" which fooled me - I'd forgotten that I'd actually classified some of my purchases.

Also look at the bulk download pages - they don't have any filtering and show the total number of books.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #382
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker99 View Post
The later dune books (The second Prelude trilogy onwards) no longer have drm while one of the Asimov books (Robot Visions) now have drm, even though it looks identical to the fictionwise drm-free version (the cover even says fictionwise).
Anything published by Tor will be DRM-free after the transfer. The latter is... unfortunate, though not unexpected.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #383
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
I received my authorization code today and entered it. Almost all my books showed up immediately (I only had 27). Around the World in 80 Days did not show up (no problem). I too received The Two Towers instead of LOTR omnibus. However, I long ago freed and backed-up my books from Fictionwise, so I guess I am happy enough.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #384
Isles8008
Connoisseur
Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nexus 10, Kindle Paperwhite, iRiver Story HD
I bet B&N customer support is overflowing with calls and emails about these Fictionwise transfers!

I'm sure everyone has at least one or two titles that didn't transfer. Even if only half of these people bother to report this, B&N support will be overloaded. It is good to see that posters in this thread are at least getting responses, even if they are "blow offs."

Good luck all!
Isles8008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #385
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles8008 View Post
I bet B&N customer support is overflowing with calls and emails about these Fictionwise transfers!
Especially the LoTR Omnibus edition fiasco.
That alone is likely generating tickets by the thousand.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45227
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #386
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I just now downloaded what I could, in both epub and mobi, and then opted in to have my library transferred to B&N. No email as of yet.

Interestingly, an area in yellow indicates that books can only be downloaded in increments of 100 maximum, but that was not my experience.

I was able to download 178 of 100 (which is how it is stated as it located them). I have something like 223 books from Fictionwise, so I'm not certain - at this point, anyway - what books did not download.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #387
ATimson
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles8008 View Post
I'm sure everyone has at least one or two titles that didn't transfer.
I did, but asides from The Lord of the Rings, they were all DRMed titles from defunct publishers. I can't fault B&N for being unable to bring them forward (especially when they were MS Reader and thus unavailable anyways).
Old 12-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #388
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
I am still waiting for the code. Darn it!
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #389
lcalvin
lcalvin began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Never got a code but a huge glug showed up.

Specifically, my BN account went from 751 (non-archived) books to 2187 starting at about 1am Central time. The 1436 books are not all of the 1578 books I had at Fictionwise (989) and ereader (589) combined, but I am cautiously hopeful. If freebies aren't all coming across (anecdotal reports) plus a review of the not available list had indicated that some (thought it was more like 40) wouldn't transfer that's still a good start.

I'm still hoping to see some of the 142 remaining items, but I'm am somewhat happier.

Oh, about the not getting a code? All three accounts have the same email address, so I guess they just went ahead, and I'm fine with that. I had opted to transfer.

Last edited by lcalvin; 12-09-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: add about email address.
lcalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #390
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Especially the LoTR Omnibus edition fiasco.
That alone is likely generating tickets by the thousand.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45227
I don't know. I submitted my problem report to their on-line system, and got an e-mail message saying my problem would be better handled over the phone. When I got in touch with phone support, the operator told me that they are still working the FW transfer in general, that the LoTR mix-up is not as an independent issue, and that I should give them another week to work it out. I'm not sure why they referred me to phone support in the first place, because this made the whole issue even more frustrating.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote