Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
No Breast Cancer Awareness 350 Cover for us

It's a pity really, I fell in love with the cover, and I feel very strongly for the cause, so it would have been perfect to spend the money and feel good about it. But I looked everywhere and could not find the cover here in Europe, nor the whole package. Bummer really...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
It's a pity really, I fell in love with the cover, and I feel very strongly for the cause, so it would have been perfect to spend the money and feel good about it. But I looked everywhere and could not find the cover here in Europe, nor the whole package. Bummer really...
Do they offer it in the USA, or is the pink 350 and cover merely pink? I've already got a silver 350 and wouldn't want a pink one, but as I lost my mother to breast cancer in 1991 I would really like to see the Breast Cancer Awareness covers and 350s sold.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Computer not letting me upload pictures

Sony Reader Pocket Edition Bundle

Last edited by grooks; 10-29-2010 at 12:27 PM.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
I just received that set tues. I like the cover the only thing I don't like about it is I can't fold it behind the reader to read. It's not made to be folded behind it.

My grandmother is a 40 yr breast cancer survivor which is why I got this set.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Do they offer it in the USA, or is the pink 350 and cover merely pink? I've already got a silver 350 and wouldn't want a pink one, but as I lost my mother to breast cancer in 1991 I would really like to see the Breast Cancer Awareness covers and 350s sold.
Jack, it is a special package with a special cover and 2 books, they offer it in the US but not in Europe
Old 10-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
fiammetta
fiammetta began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 650 (soon)
I heard from the reviews that the quality of this cover was not up to par. But if you really liked it why not order it from the US?
fiammetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Sony Reader Pocket Edition Exclusive Pink Ribbon Bundle

It is available from B&H Photo and Video which does ship internationally.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #8
ebook_wv
ebook_wv doesn't litterebook_wv doesn't litter

Device: None
I got it last Tuesday from SonyStyle with the $50 gift card promotion. As for the cover, it's not as thick as my M-edge cover for PRS600. But it's strong enough to protect the reader.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000490c.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	60396   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000491c.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	60397   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000492c.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	60398   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000493c.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	60399  
ebook_wv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #9
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Thanks for posting the photos. Is the pocket in the back big enough for a business card?
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:07 AM   #10
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiammetta View Post
I heard from the reviews that the quality of this cover was not up to par. But if you really liked it why not order it from the US?
Because first I could not find it in any shop, and now I have a 350 (but without a cover). I do not really want to import the whole bundle. But I guess I'll get over it, it's just annoying that Sony did not offer the bundle in Europe. There is alas Breast Cancer here too..... !
Old 10-31-2010, 03:05 PM   #11
ebook_wv
ebook_wv doesn't litterebook_wv doesn't litter

Device: None
Yes. It is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Thanks for posting the photos. Is the pocket in the back big enough for a business card?
ebook_wv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:51 PM   #12
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiammetta View Post
I heard from the reviews that the quality of this cover was not up to par.
I think the case is awful. It appeared to be lovely in photos, but in real life, it looks cheap and chintzy, like a dollar store knock off. I would be embarrassed to be seen with it in public. That's quite a disappointing blow, since I expected to be able to display it with pride.

In addition to its less than attractive outer appearance, there's no magnetic closure like Sony's other cases offer, and the hinge is in the spine (like the old PRS-300 case) instead of on the back cover like the new cases, so folding it back for one-handed reading is awkward.

I wound up buying Sony's lighted case and I'm quite happy with it, even though I occasionally resent the light's bulk when I'm not using it.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #13
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
One of my 4th grade students just lost his mother to breast cancer last week.

I wish Sony would make the cover for the 650, too. If I could buy just the cover, I would.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote