Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Mixed up artwork in mobi on PB360 Feader

OK, that was supposed to be PB360 FBReader (damn back button)

For historical reasons, I have most of my books in mobi format, no drm. I'm using the FBreader on my pb360, and I've had the fb180 mod installed for a long time (although I've stopped bothering with the g-sensor page turns).

I have a number of books from Baen, the Grantville Gazette series. They contain a bunch of artwork, at least one piece of art for each story, usually more. When I look at the file using Calibre's internal viewer, the art looks correct. When I look at the file on my pb360, the artwork is jumbled. There's *something* at the correct place, but it almost always references a different piece than intended. For ex, the cover doesn't display, something else does and the cover displays in the middle of a story. Tables (for non-fiction articles) also display in the wrong place.

I haven't bothered about this before, but I just happened to buy another couple, and noticed that they were NOT messed up if I looked at them in the internal viewer. I can read the stories, it's just a bit jarring to have the wrong artwork display.

Any thoughts on what's wrong?
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote