Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Really annoying pop-up ad

On other sites I visit (not Mobileread), they now have a very annoying pop-up ad. It's called "adbull" and it puts a floating box ad wherever your cursor goes. The ad sticks so close to your cursor that it interferes with attempts to click on links. I've tried a couple of ad-blocking programs to block it, and tried editing the "hosts" file, but I can't get rid of it. Apparently adbull pops up no matter what browser you use. One site that uses it says the ad will only pop up once each day - but it doesn't. The damn thing stays and stays and stays.

Curiously, Google enquiries don't offer much assistance.

Has anybody struck this? Can anyone help me before I go crazy and throw my coffee cup through the monitor?
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Adblock plus works great as does NoScript...both are add-ons for FireFox...No unwanted crap....
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
Adblock plus works great as does NoScript...both are add-ons for FireFox...No unwanted crap....
Ah, I think you're right. I had tried Adblock with Internet Explorer but it didn't work. I just tried it with Firefox now - it seems to work excellently!

Thank you. You've saved my sanity.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I had this annoying add popping down from a Subaru add at the top of the page so that it covered the search bar on site made the car dealers site useless
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote