Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
ttomm46
Connoisseur
ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Nexus 7..did I goof?

Bought the 199 one from staples..also 40 buck leather case and 50 dollars plan in case the glass cracks or breaks..Heard some people had glass problems so i shelled out 300 bucks altogether..did i mess up much

Last edited by ttomm46; 02-04-2013 at 09:30 PM.
ttomm46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttomm46 View Post
Bought the 199 one from staples..also 40 buck leather case and 50 dollars plan in case the glass cracks or breaks..Heard some people had glass problems so i shelled out 300 bucks altogether..did i mess up much
It's the best tablet for your money right now. The case was a little expensive in my opinion, I got mine for $20 on Amazon and it's holding up great.

I don't think you made a mistake.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Nexus 7 tablet...excellent buy... definitely one of the best on the market... don't jump on it... I use mine as my main working device..everyday....

defo on having a cover.....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
ttomm46
Connoisseur
ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it was shelling out 50 bucks for the 1 year thing that got to me
Old 02-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #5
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
i would skip the 50 dollar cover plan.....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:55 AM   #6
ttomm46
Connoisseur

Normally I would...
Old 02-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Normally I would...
Do you think there is at least a 25% chance that you will break it in the next year? If not, then don't spend $50 to insure a $200 device.
In general, if wondering whether in-store insurance is a rip-off, the answer is yes.
murraypaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Do you think there is at least a 25% chance that you will break it in the next year? If not, then don't spend $50 to insure a $200 device.
In general, if wondering whether in-store insurance is a rip-off, the answer is yes.
Agreed
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Did you goof ? Not unless you didn't mind the upgrades mooted to come along in the spring
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #10
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Hubby and I decided that we would save the extra $50 and save toward a new and probably upgraded version if I ever did break my Nexus.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
ttomm46
Connoisseur

i goofed sigh
Old 02-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #12
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
$50 is high for 1 year. For 3 year or at least 2 would be ok.
I just got a son a Logitech Z305 total surround sound speaker for a laptop, it hooks on to the lid, and is one rod, normally about $99-$110 for $60 from bay (South Korea dealer), still new, but they were out of stock in the USA now for a cheaper version (z205) must have sold better. It was what he wanted for his birthday. I paid $3 for expedited shipping from Korea, and got it by air in a Week (Unbelievable!) Since I got it from a foreign source with a only a 14 day return warranty, I decided to pay $10.99 for a square trade warranty for 3 (three) years.

As for as in-store, normally not so good, I bought a $400 Maytag washer from Lowe's and paid either $75 or $100, not sure now, for a 3 year warranty because that thing runs 2 or 3 times a day and we can't be without a washer even a couple of days.

Thinking about that some more, are you sure that it wasn't for an additional 1 year warranty beyond the store warranty, or is the glass so fragile the problem.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #13
ttomm46
Connoisseur

found it it's actually got 2 years accidental damage
Old 02-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
found it it's actually got 2 years accidental damage
Yeah, that is more common.

I hope you feel better!

SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #15
ttomm46
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Yeah, that is more common.

I hope you feel better!

you saved my day..I'm normally a tightwad