Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kobo Help Desk

Dear George from the Kobo help desk, please read our e-mails before you respond to them. I hope this finds you well.

Sincerely,
Kobo customer
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
Bismar
Connoisseur
Bismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo eReader
Dear Danielle from the Kobo help desk, please read our e-mails before you respond to them. I hope this finds you well.

Sincerely,
Kobo customer
Bismar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
I thought I had had a stroke when reading my responses from Kobo. They had nothing to do with what I had asked. I think they have several tapes that they set up to 'go' when they detect certain words and they spew out a canned response. It is exasperating.

They also tend to suggest that you must be doing something wrong as if they are unaware that there are any problems with the reader.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
The last time I spoke with Kobo customer service was about my mom's dead kobo and when they suggested in might be ten weeks before I could get a replacement, I snitted that I would just try and take it back to the store and exchange it live, in person. I did so---arrived at the local Indigo with neither retail box nor receipt, got as far as 'this Kobo isn't working' before the manager cheerfully offered me a new one.

A week later, I got an email from someone at customer service asking me if I 'still needed help with your problem.'

So apparently, the instructions they give their retail staff are different than the ones they give the phone agents...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote