Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Question Searching on Ratings Field

I need a little help. I bit the bullet and decided to use Calibre to create a database in order to use it to transfer books to my Kindle. I now have all my books in and have setup the ratings for those books which I have read. Now I am trying to figure out how to do a search based on those ratings so that I can eliminate the books that are already read so that I can use the other sort columns in order to decide which books to put on my kindle. But I am having difficulty getting the advanced search to search for books that have not been rated. I've seen different posts which suggest to just sort on the ratings column but this is not an ideal solution because I wish to use other columns in order to sort in order to select the books. Is it possible to create a search for books which have not been rated, the only successful searches I've been able to get is to use a rating= criteria?

TIA

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never mind, I was able to get some assistance on this on the Amazon forums.
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Is it possible to create a search for books which have not been rated
Use this:
rating:false
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Thanks, that is one of the suggestions I was given.